39

BLOODLINES
— 39. Treachery

    At a secret chapel in France, Charlie and Kathy stood in front of each other, smiling lovingly at one other as the priest spoke their vows

    At a secret chapel in France, Charlie and Kathy stood in front of each other, smiling lovingly at one other as the priest spoke their vows. "We stand here in God's sight to witness the marriage of Charles Brandon, Viscount Lisle and Princess Katherine of England, Duchess of Bedford and Dowager Queen of France," He announced loudly as Charlie placed the ring on Kathy's finger.

"I love you, Kathy Brandon," Charlie spoke softly, and Kathy smiled up at him.

"Not as much as I love you, Charles Brandon," Kathy responded and Charlie shook his head at her.

"Not possible," He commented and stepped forward. He cupped her face in his hands, kissing her passionately before they walked down the aisle together to leave.

It wasn't long before they arrived at their rooms. The door to their room opened and Charles smiled as he turned to face her. "I'm never nervous," He confessed as Kathy walked over to him, both of them smiling.

It seemed as though neither of them could stop smiling after they married each other. It was official. They were husband and wife once and for all. Now, nothing could stop them from being together.

"Don't be," Kathy assured him, grabbing ahold of his hand.

Charles placed a hand on her waist, pulling her closer to him. He stared down at Kathy, a soft smile on his face. "You have no idea how much I love you," He whispered to her softly and Kathy smiled, "How much I've always loved you."

He leaned forward, cupping her face in his hands before he kissed her passionately. Charles removed his shirt, pressing a kiss to her forehead before he kissed her on the lips.

As he removed her dress, Kathy began to kiss his chest. Once she was rid of her clothes as he was, Charles lifted her off the ground, causing Kathy to quietly chuckle as he carried her over to the bed.

He placed her down before climbing onto the bed as well, both of them smiling.

However, as he went to climb on top of her, Kathy smirked and switched the position so that she was on top.

Charlie sat up slightly with Kathy straddling him, a smile forming on his lips. He stared up at her, his lips parted.

"What are you thinking?" Kathy asked him in a whisper, staring back down at him.

"That I am happy," Charlie confessed, leaning closer to Kathy until his lips brushed against hers.

"As am I," Kathy admitted, gradually beginning to smile, "For as long as I breathe."

  Charlie smiled up at Kathy. He wrapped his arms around her waist and Kathy cupped his face in her hands, kissing him passionately.

The entire night, Charles and Kathy remained in each other's arms. Of course, they were used to such things, but it had been nearly ten years since they had been last been together. It was different now. It felt almost relieving and Kathy felt as though she had felt nothing quite like it. She found comfort in Charlie's arms, a type of comfort she hadn't felt in years. He made her feel safe and secure, which was something she didn't experience often.