Chapter 11

Everything went back to normal. Trish and Rick stay professional with their job. While Dane manages her time so she could spend more with Rick. It was Friday evening, the couple is on their way to Batangas to spend long weekend with their Barkada. When they got there, they had long chat since it is now very rare for them to see each other because of work and schedule. They are inside the dining area eating dinner that the girls cooked, this is what they usually do when they were still younger. Rick, Ben and mark are friends since elementary while they meet the two other boys Christopher or "Tupe" and Yno during college. Since they are the best buddies their girlfriend became close as sisters and bffs. Aside from Dane, they have four more girls in the group Faye, Ben's girlfriend since highschool, Jenny Mark's Fiancee, Joyce, Tupe's wife, they have a four years old daughter named Jaea (jeya) and Kelly Yno's wife who's three months pregnant. They've been waiting for this short vacation because since some of them started family and because of work they rarely see each other or gather together completely. The dinner was filled with laughter and banters. Just like the good old days.

Ninong Rick, can you play guitar? Jaea the group's first baby asked him

Yes, why? Do you want to learn playing guitar?

Yes! Yes! Can you teach me? Papa doesn't know and mama also.

Okay, Ninong Rick will teach but when you get older okay?

How old?

Hm, maybe when you turned seven?

Seven? How many sleeps do I need to turn seven?

He chuckles and said you need many many sleeps Jaea, maybe you play with dolls first

Many many? Okay. I should start now! Mama! Sleep na po ako! Good night Ninong Rick! And the little girl kissed him on his cheek.

Good night Jaea!

Dude, bagay sayo may anak. Mag anak ka na kaya? Ben said wriggling his eyebrows

Baliw! Rick said throwing chips at him

Bakit? Ben's right Rick, you should see yourself with Jaea, it suits you. Diba hon? Jenny said looking at Mark

Bakit ba kasi di pa kayo magpakasal tapos maganak na kayo agad. Mark said

Bakit nyo ba kami minamadali? Besides having kids is not my thing. We all know that. Rick said.

Faye, looks at Dane and she just shrug and smiled. So she asked, Eh what if Dane wants a baby? What will you do?

She knows, and we talked about it. Having kids is not part of the equation.

So ayaw mo talaga magkaanak?

Yep, I don't know if you will understand me but I don't want a child. Ewan ko, parang hindi ko kaya yung ganoong responsibility. Basta I never want a child, never. Okay lang naman yun diba Love? Masosolo mo ko?

Dane just smiled at him and continues eating chips.

Their friends just shrug it off and give each other a knowing smile.