Chapter 49

Weeks had passed and everything is going back to normal, I slowly finished all my assigned task so I can have my maternity leave without bothering other chefs.

I already had a talk with my boss and told him that the debut assigned to me will be my last project before I take my maternity leave. I also tell him that I am not sure when will I come back to work after giving birth since I still don't know who will take care of my baby once I get back. I told him that I file my resignation and just focus on my motherhood.

I am planning to have an online business where I will sell home made cookies, cakes and other pastries. With that I am stillearning while taking care of my baby.

I also plan to leave my apartment and just stay in Bulacan, where I spend my childhood. That place is more convenient for us plus I don't have to pay for monthly rental fee. I plan things so I can save more for my baby.

Today will be my final and last meeting with Mrs. Reyes. I am now waiting for her here in our hotel. I am actually getting anxious for what will happen once I ask her to talk to me outside our meeting.

After a while I saw walking towards our table, I stand up and wait for her. I smiled at her when she gets on front of me and I can see that she look at my now obvious baby bump. She just smiled back at me but I can sense that there is somtheing with how she looks at me that I can pin point.

Good afternoon po. I greeted her and offer a shakehand which she accepts.

Good afternoon Chef!

This will be the first time we had meeting alone. The first one was with her husband while the second one was wither daughter. I feel nervous.

We discuss and finalixed the deal we had. She has a lot of questions and I gladly answered it. She even told me things twice just to make sure that the party will be well. I assure her that we will handle the event perfectly.

Will you be there?

Yes po. I will supervise and help my team that night.

But It's a night a party, I mean – will you be okay there?

Hearing that words from her warms my heat. Is she concern? Is she worried? If yes, can I hug her? I want to cry right now. That simple statement made my heart jumps.

I – I will be fine po.

Okay, I just don't some incidents happen during that night. I want it to be perfect for my baby. Ayoko ng kahit maliit na mali o gulo o kahit konting problema. Kaya sana gawin niyo lahat para maging perfect yun para sa anak ko.

Akala ko concern siya. I easily assumed. I need to calm myself or else I will burst into tears which is very unprofessional.

I can assure you that we will do our best to make that night perfect and special for your daughter. You don't need to worry Mrs. Reyes. We're doing this kind of events for a long time and not a single chance we had encounter a little problem.

That's good to know. Okay, since this meeting is done, I have to go now.

Ahm, Mrs. Reyes?

Yes, chef? Do you have a question?

Can we – can we talk po?

We just had a talk chef Dane, is there something we haven't discussed yet?

Ahm, it is not about this project Mrs. Reyes. I mean, can we talk? Yung hindi po meeting? Yung usap lang po, pwede kop o ba kayong makausap?

....

She just look at me and didn't say anything. Ang hirap pala ng ganito, naiinitndihan ko na si Rick nung mga panahon na ayoko syang kausapin.

I know you already told me that nobody knows about me as your – and that you don't want to talk to me as anything but a chef only, pero pwede ko po ba kayong makausap kahit sandal lang po, after this I will never ever ask you to talk to me unless it's purely business. Please po?

Okay, but this will be the only and last time I allowed this kind of talk.

Thank you po. Promise po, last na po ito.

I agreed, I don't have a choice but to agree with her that this will be my last and only chance to talk to her. Pero masakit pala no? Parang ayoko na yata ituloy.

Wag dito. Let's talk somewhere more privately. Baka may makakita sakin

If you want po, pwede sa unit ko. Ihahatid ko na lang po kayo pabalik dito.

We walk towards the parking area where my car was, I even open the passenger foor for her, she sit's on my passenger sit. My car was filled with silnce as I drove home. This is the most awkward ride I ever had in my entire life.

I never expect her to sit beside me inside my car. This is the closest we get with each other. I never thought I would get a chance to drive for my mother. I never thought I will have this chance to be with her. I know this will be my last chance to talk to her, and I also know that this could hurt me but still, I want to treasure this moment with her.

I was just imagining this moment. Even she's not talking to me during the ride home, I am still happy. This will be a clear memory of me and my mama without arguments. May maikukwento ako sa anak ko na naipagdrive ko ang mama ko. Hindi man kami nag-uusap this kind of silence is also overwhelming. I am with my mama.

/