Chapter 28

Doc Sam released me and advises me to stay at home for another day. She prescribed some vitamins and medicines for my medication and pregnancy which Kyle already bought on our way home. Kyle keeps me company until tomorrow. She said she will stay with me in case I need something. I'm so glad I have Kyle with me, but I am also thinking of Rick. He hasn't called me since yesterday.

Chef, what do you want for dinner?

Anything Kyle,

Wala ka pa bang pinaglilihan Chef? Sabi ni nanay ganyan stage daw yun eh.

Wala naman yata, wala kasi talaga kong gana kumain.

Naku, Chef you should eat para kay baby. Naeexcite ako Chef, pwede po ba kong ninang? Promise magreregalo ako.

Hahahaha ikaw talaga oo naman, you'll be my baby's Ninang Chef.

Yehey! Thank you Chef! Magluto na po muna ko. 

After we eat, I let Kyle sleep beside me since my condo unit only has one room. I don't want her sleep on the couch outside. I saw her already sleeping, maybe she was so tired for today since she was the one who do most of the things for me. I need to give her a bonus for that.

I cannot sleep; I have a lot of things in my mind. My pregnancy, Rick, my mother, and my work. How can I tell Rick my pregnancy when he never even wants me to be one? I wonder how his reaction will be. But how can I tell him if I cannot even talk to him right now. I don't understand what's happening to him. He lied to me the other night, and I haven't confronted him about it yet. I don't want to think that he is again with that girl. I don't want to think he is really cheating on me. And then there is my mother, who wants me to call her Mrs. Reyes. I don't know how I will face her again. And lastly, my job. I need to transfer some of my loads to other chef because of my condition.

I was overthinking when I heard my phone beeped. I look at it and surprised to see a message from Rick.

How are you love?

Love! I'm okay now, my doctor advises

me to stay at home for another day.

Then you must obey him. Please take

care of yourself Love, don't work too much.

Him? It made me think for a second until I realize he was referring to Doctor Sanchez. He didn't know yet about Doc Sam.

Oo naman, I also want to be better.

You should sleep now Dane, you should rest

I will, By the way Kyle's

sleeping beside me now.

Good, at least you have someone with you.

Love, I'm sorry about yesterday.

Yeah, I don't understand

why you get so mad at me

I'm just worried Dane, I don't want seeing

You like that. I'm sorry.

Okay, please wag ka na magalit ha.

Hindi na, Dane when I came back we need to talk

Why wait til you get back?

Can't you tell me now?

Dane, you need to sleep. Basta we will talk

Ano nga yun? Love tell me

Two weeks love two weeks.

I promise to tell you everything.

Okay, but do we need to wait for two weeks?

Can't you come home this week end?

I also have something to tell you.

I'm sorry, but I need to be here.

We will talk okay, for now you sleep.

Okay, Fine.

Always remember that I love you Dane.

I love you too,

Good night my love!

Good night Love. Dream of me.

I love you Dane.

As I red our exchange of messages I can sense that there I something wrong with him, something is bothering Rick. And it scares me. I can't wait for two weeks o end, I wanted to see him. I wanted to talk to him and tell him he's going to be a daddy. I am sure that he would change his find once he find out about my condition. I'm excited to be with Rick again, but at the same time a little scared and I can't explain why.