Chapter 29

Two weeks passed by, I went back to work two days after I came home from the hospital. Everything went well, my meeting with Mrs. Reyes is moved a week from now because they are in Australia for some conference. I already transferred some of my loads to Chef Carl And Chef Bing, now I only have three parties to deal with plus the daily work.

I decided not to tell to my boss my condition yet, I wanted rick to know it first before anyone else; well of course aside from Kyle. I talk to her to keep my pregnancy a secret first until I talk to rick. I'm also excited to tell my friends and workmates that I am having a baby. '

Tonight, rick will be home from his two weeks stay in Batangas, we will have a dinner in my condo so we will have more privacy when we talk. I wonder what he's going to tell me. I wish it was good news. And I am praying that he would be happy about my news to him. I can't wait to see him tonight.

Before I drive home I had a quick stop in a fastfood chain because I've been craving for their peach mango pie and sundae, weird because I want my sundae plain. I am actually eating this combo for almost a week now, good thing I am not catching a cold. I also craved for apples and milk. Those were my pregnancy cravings I guess, because I always wanted to eat it at anytime of the day or even at night.

When I reach my condo, Rick was not yet there. He said he's taking out an order in a restaurant for our dinner. He's right when he told me that I might sick of my own cooking haha!

While waiting for him, I decided to take a quick bath first and change into more comfortable clothes. I was tying my hair when I heard the doorbell rang. I almost run towards the door and when I saw him I eagerly hugged him so tight. I miss him very much.

I let him in, and he started to prepare the food he brought. He's quiet tonight. Aside from telling me how much he missed me, he did not say anything else. We started eating in silence until I cannot stop myself but ask him.

Love? are you okay?

Ha? Oo naman, why?

You're too quiet. You look bothered. Is there something wrong?

I'm just tired from driving and starving.

Are you sure?

Oo naman, let's finish this so we can talk.

Okay, about that I have a surprise for you.

Surprise? What is it?

Impatient Mister, later I'll show it to you. Sabi mo kain muna eh

Okay, after this we will talk okay. I love you Dane

Sus, I love you too!

Seriously Dane, please keep in mind that I love you very much.

We finished our dinner and he insists to clean the table. I waited for him in the living area while holding the little box I am going to give him later. I know there is something wrong with him, I know he has something to yell me but I don't to add pressure with our talk that's why I prepare this little gift for him. I wish this would ease the tension. I saw him drying his hands and silently walking towards me, he sat beside me his sands clasp together and he looked at me. His eyes look so tired and helpless. I can see pain in his eyes.

Hey, tabi tayo oh. ang layo mo naman

Okay na to, so I could tell you everything.

Sobrang seryoso mo naman Love, ano bang problema?

Love this is serious, we need to talk seriously.

Okay, ano ba kasi yun? Will you tell it to me now? Kinakabahan na ko.

Dane, please listen to me first before you say anything okay? I will answer all your questions later just let me tell you everything first. Please?

Okay, I promise not to say anything unless you're done. You can start now, kinakabahan na ko.

Please know, I love you. I love you Dane. I love you so much.

He said that and he started crying. I wanted to ask him why he's crying but I just promised him I will not talk until he is done. I feel so nervous right now, I'm getting so confused.

Dane, do you remember Trish?

He asked without looking at me, I just nodded not knowing If he sees it or not.

I – We – Dane, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry she was always there with me and we had – Dane I'm sorry

He was really crying in front of me, and my heart breaks every time he would say sorry. I know I promised not to say anything unless he is done but I cannot help but ask him. I need to ask him.

Why are you saying sorry? You said you were friends right? It's normal to hang out with friend? Why are you crying? Why are you saying sorry?

Dane, we are not just friends, we are – I cheated on you. I'm sorry

I think I already know that.

You know? Kailan pa? How did you know?

I saw her texts on your phone.

You're checking my phone?

Remember the night before I saw you and that girl in a coffee chop one morning? We were together right? And I desperately asks you to stay with me that night but you refuse, I did that because I already saw her texts for you, she wants to see you right? And you came to her.

I'm sorry Dane, I'm so sorry. I'm returning the favor Dane, She's always there for me, She has time for me.

I know I don't have enough time for you, we always argue about it and I understand that you needed someone who can give that time to you. But, Rick naman, di naman kita pinagbabawalan makipagkaibigan diba? Bakit kailangan higit sa pagkakaibigan yung sa inyo?

I'm sorry Love, I'm not thinking straight that time, I'm too vulnerable

So you're saying she took advantage of that?

No, she's not fault here Dane, this is my mistake. I'm sorry

Not her fault? Didn't she know about me? didn't she know you have a girlfriend?

She knows, and she agreed when I told her to stop what we have.

She knows and yet she let things go deeper? She should know her limits Rick, You should both knows your limits.

I'm sorry Dane.

Can you not say sorry! You are not sorry, because you did it knowing it could hurt me. I just want to know if you really stop seeing her

Dane, I – we- Dane please

Please what?! Can you stop crying and just answer me!

...

Enricko! Do you stop seeing her?!

No...

No?! I thought she agreed to top what you have, then why do you still see her?

Dane, Love

Ano!!??

She's – She's pregnant. She's pregnant with me.

/