Chapter 34

I can see disappointed in their eyes when they saw a nurse and Doc Sam entered my room. I know they expect to see rick coming here, but he won't. I know that he will not come here, because he knows that I don't want to see him, not today.

They all moved on the side so Doc Sam could talk to me. The nurse checked on my temperature and blood pressure; while Doc Sam asks me several questions. When I told Doc Sam that I am thinking a lot right now and that I think I am stressed my friends all looked at me as if asking the reason why. I told her about my emotional stress and my friends looked so shock with what I am saying, they all thought everything is fine with me until today. Doc Sam advise me to stay so she could monitor me, she didn't change my prescriptions since it has nothing to do with what happened. She also told me to avoid stress and too much emotion because it could affect my baby. She said I need to stop working for a week to relax and rest.

I asked my doctor if it is normal to bleed and if my baby is now safe, I sigh in relief when Doc Sam assures me that my baby is safe and I don't need to worry. She just told me to stop overthinking and always think of my baby's safety first before I do any certain actions.

She also told my friends to keep me company when she sent me home so I wouldn't feel alone or think of anything that would trigger emotional stress. She also assured me that I having a safe and normal pregnancy so I really don't need to worry.

When Doc Sam leaves me, my friends are all looking at me as if telling me to talk and explain. These people are the one I can trust, they were there for me through good and bad times. Sometimes I wish they were my real brothers and sisters. Because they are the siblings I never had.

Ben, the oldest among us broke the silence. Dane, can you tell us what's really happening?

Bunso, you know that you can tell us anything right? everything? Jenny said

Do you want the boys to leave us alone? Kelly asked me, and Yno asked me too with, Why do we need to leave? Aren't we allowed to know what happen? We're also concern here Dane.

I know, thank you for your concern. But are you sure you guys don't know anything yet? Like, uhm with me and Rick? Wala pa bas yang nasasabi sa inyo? I asked them

See?! Yang kaibigan nyo talaga may kasalanan eh! Baka naman kasi alam nyo ayaw nyo lang sabihin samin ha? Faye said furiously

The boys just looked at me as if weighing things if they could really say something. Before they could utter anything, I told them to listen to me and that whatever happened I want us all to remain friends, walang kampihan. They looked at me first, the girl's with a raised eyebrow but still nodded in agreement.

I release a deep breath before telling them because I am sure they will hate Rick after this, and I don't want that. I met them through him; they are friends first before me. If not for Rick I wouldn't have this kind of friendship with them, he may not the good boyfriend to me, but I can tell that he is a good friend to them. That's the reason I seldom talk about our misunderstanding to them, I don't want them think bad about him. He's still a good person after all. I also want them to hear his side after this, so they would understand us both.

Dane, will you tell us or you're just going to stare at us? What happened? Faye asked me impatiently. I smiled at them and said;

We – Rick and I – We broke up. Hiwalay na kami.