Chapter 35

We – Rick and I – We broke up. Hiwalay na kami.

What?! When? Faye asked me

I broke up with him last night.

So that triggered your emotional stress that's why you're here? Unbelievable! Jenny said

Wait, you said you broke up him? Why? I mean you're pregnant, why did break up with him? Kelly asked

Is it because he doesn't want to have a child? Joyce said.

No, I was actually excited to tell him about it, because I know that even he doesn't want a child once he find out my condition he will – he will still loves me and the baby just the same. But, but- it didn't turned out the way I imagined it would be. I told them calmly and they listen to me intently.

Before we see each other he told me that he has something to tell me, and he told me that he's going to be father. I stopped and took a deep breath, and then Jenny asked me if he already knew that I am pregnant and how did know.

No, he didn't know. He's having a baby but not with me, he got his girl pregnant even before me. He was with her the first time I got hospitalized, I didn't knew then he just told me last night. He was also with her during this past two weeks he's in Batangas. He said that his girl is having a sensitive pregnancy and no one will take care of them but him.

Buntis si Trish? Ben exclaimed

Kilala nyo yung babae?? Faye asked him

She's his colleague. They work together in the office and on site. They're partners in so amny projects. Tupe said and I smiled at them.

He's going to be a father with their baby, and I don't want to add up with his burden.

Abnormal ka ba? Ikaw yung girlfriend, you and your baby has all the right with him. Ano ka ba naman Dane?! Kelly said frustrated

When I told him I am pregnant with him, he - he did not believe at first. He thought I was just saying that so he will let his girl alone, but I showed him my result that shows I'm pregnant. The he – he asked me if the baby was his.

Aba gago pala talaga yan si Enricko eh! Kelly exclaimed obviously mad. our friends looked so frustrated and disappointed at the same time.

I told him it was his, but also said that he doesn't need to father my baby. I don't want my baby feel rejection and judgment. If he believes that my baby is not his, then so be it. What matters is that I am going to mommy now.

Is that the reason why you broke up him? Faye asked

Yes, and besides he already choose them over me so I need to set him free. We can't be in this relationship knowing that he got other girl pregnant and I am pregnant too but he believes not his. It will just be too complicated.

I can accept him cheating on me because I admit I have a lot of shortcomings, but I cannot accept it when he easily accepts her baby, but doubted mine. I know he doesn't want to have a child, but thinking about it now, and looking at his actions. I realized that he doesn't want to have a child with me. Whenever I ask him why, he would just say that it doesn't fit our picture, now I understand him. He never wants a baby with me. And it's totally fine with me.

Faye hugged me. While the boys excuse their selves. I know that they will go to see Rick. The girls stay in my room, still trying to process everything I have said. They will ask me from to time to clarify some things and will answer them calmly.

I can say that I am proud of myself for not crying in front of them, I didn't shed even a single tear. I am still glad that I have my friends with me and of course from now on I will never be alone because of the growing baby inside me.

I can't wait to see, hug and kiss my baby. I will promise to be the mother that my baby deserves. I promise to leave my baby alone regardless how hard the situation is. I will not let my baby experience all the pain I felt.

I will love my baby more than anything else; I promise I will never be like my own mother. Never.

/