Chapter 40

Yeah, it's Dane, she's here.

Trish stared at her back for a few seconds, looked intently at me and continue eating her meal.

Why not ask her sit here with us? Or do you want to leave you here? Or maybe help her with her food and look for a table?

Huh?

Si Dane, tulungan mo or paupuin mo ditto or samahan mo kumain.

Why?

Anong why? Girlfriend mo yun eh.

Not anymore, we broke up two months ago.

No shit!

Yes shit, so just shut up and eat.

I saw Dane looking around, maybe for a table to sit, and for the second time our eyes met which she avoid quickly. As if he never knew me. She saw a vacant table but it is behind ours. She talks to the staff and walk to sit down. As she walks towards our direction I noticed her little baby bump, as far as I know she's on her 4th month of pregnancy.

She walks and when she passed by our table Trish, calls her name that made her stop walking.

Chef Dane? Hi! Trish bubbly said while Dane turned to her and gives her a nod a little smile.

What are you doing here? Trish asked her

Uhh, I guess I am here to eat? Dane answered her obvious question

Wow! I mean for a chef like you to eat in a fast food?

Why not? They also serve good food, and this is what my baby wants so I came here –

Baby?! Trish asked surprisingly.

Well, yeah. Dane said while touching her obvious belly.

Oh, congratulations! How long are you?

Four months, you?

I'm on my sixth month, getting bigger.

I see, I'll go ahead now; I need to take a sit you know.

Yeah, I'm sorry to keep you, are you alone? Do you want sit with us?

Yes, I'm alone but no thanks, I already have a table. I like to eat in silence.

Oh, okay. Sige, ingat!

With that Dane sit on her place and waited for her order to arrive.

After a few minutes the staff served her, her food. I can see that she ordered a dinner meal and she eats alone. She looks peaceful even she's alone, she looks vibrant while eating and watching on her ipad, I wonder what she's watching, she smiles from time to time. She looks so beautiful when she smiles, it suits her.

I heard Trish laughing silently so I turned to look at her. And why I did she just gave me shrug and a smirk. I don't know what is happening with her.

Why don't you talk to her, I can wait here you know

She doesn't want to talk to me

She's pregnant, who's the father? Is that the reason why you broke up?

....

You cheated on her with me, when obviously she also cheated on you. Geez here I am eating by my guilt and yet it's a tie!! It's a tie dude! So we don't need to feel guilty.

What did you say?

I said she also cheated on –

I cut her off by dragging her out of the fast food, I know people are looking at us because Trish is complaining that she's hurting and we must slow down walking. I am also sure that Dane saw that scene. But I don't care, I am mad. She has no right to talk to Dane like that. Dane has not done anything wrong. It is just us who cheated on her. She has no right to insult Dane, she may be with me now but it doesn't give her any right to talk low on Dane.

We drive home silently, no one dares to talk. When we get inside my apartment I walk straightly to my room my Trish talks to me.

What's your problem? You dragged me out of that place just like that? What for?

You are my problem! You don't get insult Dane in front of me or else-

Or else what?? I am just asking you! You did not answer so I conclude!! You already break up with her, now how the hell did she get pregnant if she hasn't had sex with anyone?? Like-

She's pregnant with me!! I am her father's baby!!!

What? You got her pregnant?

/