THIRTY ONE.

| L.F POV

A small tingling feeling was felt on my nose as I slowly opened my eyes. The tingling feeling seemed to be the lighting coming from the left open crack of curtain.

I blinked my eyes as I tried to get used to the lighting, which caused me to notice Changbin being fairly close to me. My breath hitched as I felt my heartbeat starting to quicken.

I slowly lifted my body as I sat up in the bed. Changbin then slowly opened his eyes as we immediately made eye-contact, which made me get startled.

"Good morning." Changbin spoke up with his husky morning voice as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes with the back of his hand.

I didn't respond to him as I was about to step out of the bed, but my wrist disappointed me as it bent to the wrong side, causing me to fall back into the bed.

I closed my eyes in regret as I noticed I had fallen against Changbin, making my back lean into him.

He lowly chuckled as he after a few seconds gently pushed me up, making me stand up on my feet as I immediately rushed out of the door.

I almost sprinted down the stairs as I leaned against the wall besides it, out of breath.

'Heart, why are you beating so fast?' I asked it in confusion as I held onto my chest.

I didn't notice the fact that I had been standing against the wall for a quite a while, with my hand placed on my heart. I then felt a hand fall onto my shoulder as it slightly squeezed the muscle.

I looked to my left and saw Changbin passing by with a grin. He walked into the living room as I was left standing there on my own in regret.

Everything's really not going as planned...

.    .    .

Changbin and I were sat down at the table as we silently ate our breakfast. I wasn't able to feel at ease just yet as the awkward tension between us didn't seem to fade. Was it my fault?

I looked up to him when he wouldn't notice. Changbin seemed to be wanting a new chapter of our lives. And he also seemed to be wanting to share that chapter with me. But would I ever be able to?

"Don't forget to drink." He suddenly spoke up as he filled my glass with water. He noticed me staring, didn't he?

"Do you want to go out and do something today?" Changbin then asked me as he looked up for an answer.

"I think I'll just rest for today, since I need to go back to work tomorrow." I answered him as he just nodded his head.

"That's okay." Changbin then said as he scooped some more of the fruits on his plate, smiling towards me once as he continued to eat them.

"If there's anything you need just tell me and I'll give you some money, alright?" Changbin then suddenly spoke up as I looked up to him.

"Thank you, but I can take care of myself." I answered with a scoff as I continued eating.

"Mmh sure.." He responded as he chewed on his food.

"Oh and if you want to go out, be sure to enlighten me." He then said as I looked at him in disbelief.

"Uhm I'm sorry but is this prison?" I said as Changbin immediately looked up at me with an annoyed expression.