Chapter 10

BLANK and I were having dinner in an Italian restaurant when a phone call came to him. He excused himself and left me for a moment. I don't know who he was talking to outside, but I have a feeling it has something to do with his mother.

"Sino iyon?"

I asked when he returned.

"It was Tyler. Umuwi raw ng Pilipinas si mom."

I smiled a bit. I was right.

"Hmm, do you wanna go and see her now?"

Umiling ito.

"No, it's okay. She'll be staying in my house anyway. Magkikita rin kami mamaya 'pag uwi ko."

I tried my best to show him an okay smile, but he was quick to notice something.

"What's wrong?"

I shrugged.

"No, nothing." I anxiously sighed. "I just suddenly thought about how your mom will react if she knows you're dating me."

Blank reached for my hands and looked straight to my eyes. He made sure I would feel his comfort.

"She will. I'm sure she will be happy if she knows about us."

I suddenly felt scared upon hearing what he just said.

How can he be so sure about this when he isn't fully aware of everything?

"I'm sorry. I think I'm ruining the mood. Sige na. Okay na ako. Kumain ka na."

He nodded. 

The night ended with Blank dropping me in front of my house. He never forgets to leave a gentle peck on my lips and forehead everytime we depart. 

"I will fetch you tomorrow-"

Umiling ako.

"I have to go somewhere first. Ako na muna magda-drive."

"I can drive you. I'm free--"

I held his hand and shook my head again.

"You have a lunch meeting, right? It's okay. I can manage."

I smiled.

He patted my head and kissed my forehead again.

"Take care always."

"I will. If something happens, I'll message you right away sa Bubble."

Kumunot ang noo nya at natawa.

"I still can't believe you aren't giving me your phone number. Sa Bubble na lang ba tayo palaging mag-uusap?"

I laughed and crossed my arms.

"Ayaw mo nun? We get to live every day being reminded of how our relationship started. Hmm, I find it romantic tho."

He cupped my face.

"You can be childish sometimes, but I love it."

He kissed me quickly and then finally, waved me goodbye.

Sinundan ko ng tingin ang kotse nya papalayo. When he was finally out of my sight, I quickly got my key from my bag and went to my car.

I am not going to let her ruin my life again.

------

"Break up with him."

"NO."

Napatayo ako nang di inaasahan. Mrs. Alfonzo smirked and shook her head in disbelief.

"Pent, sumunod ka na lang." Tiffany butted in. I glared at her.