Chapter 28

IT WAS already past 10 in the evening when I informed Refe that I will be taking a stroll in the beachside. I just felt the need to feel the cold wind and hear the waves from the ocean.

I was wearing a white shirt and shorts with my slippers. Pinatungan ko na rin ng cardigan ang suot ko.

The beachfront of the hotel we booked in was a bit lit so it was not scary for me to spend an hour all by myself.

Beside, kahit paano, sa di kalayuan, may mga nagpaparty namang ibang tao.

I lied on the sunbathing chair. Napangiti ako sa ganda ng kalangitan. It was so dark and the only flickering light you can see is the one coming from the small bulb not far from where I am.

Isang malalim na buntong hininga ang lumabas sa bibig ko.

Mukhang uulan pa.

It's been a week since we unmatched and ever since that day, I have not heard any word from him. I'm having mixed emotions about it- I'm quite reliever that he did not protest against my decision anymore but also I am a bit disheartened where our break up has led us.

To be honest, the day I unmatched us still haunts me. I wished that didn't happen. I was hoping that was just a dream.

Mahal ko pa rin si Blank, at nasasaktan ako na ganito ang kinalabasan ng pagmamahalan namin. I can't help but wonder- will I be happy soon even if I did something that will never make me happy?

I slowly closed my eyes as I felt the tears strolling down my cheeks. Here we go again. It has never stopped.

Napabukas ako ng mata ko nang may maramdamang munting butil ng tubig na tumatama sa akin. I sat on the chair and waited. Agad akong napatayo nang sunud-sunod na pumatak ang ulan.

Nakikisabay din.

I ran back to the hotel but when I was about to step on the cemented stairs going up to the pool area of the hotel, I was stunned.

Am I thinking too much that I could see him?

I brushed my eyes and tried to look at the man in front of me, holding an umbrella.

I automatically ran towards Blank when the rain finally poured. Sa sobrang lapit ng katawan namin, di ko mapigilang di mamula.

"C-Can you please move?"

I was fidgeting. Nilingon ko ang likuran nya to check if someone can see us. Buti na lang, walang ibang tao bukod sa mga hotel staffs na busy sa kani-kanilang trabaho.

"Blank."

I pulled the hem of his shirt when he didn't move. Lalong lumakas ang ulan at tanging ang payong lang na hawak nya ang sinisilungan naming dalawa.

"Blank Dreaker."

I finaly mustered the courage to look up to him. His face was only an inch away from me. Napalunok ako ay muli akong yumuko.

"Please move. Mababasa tayo pareho."

Hindi ko alam kung bakit sya nandito- maybe he has a meeting here or maybe he wanted to see the place, too, but that is not the priority now. Nilalamig na ako at medyo nababasa na rin.

"Listen."

I rolled my eyes when he finally said something.

"Blank-"

"I want us to get back together."

"Nagpapatawa ka ba!?"

I pushed him slightly para makadaan ako. Kung ayaw nyang umalis sa kinatatayuan namin, edi mag-isa sya.