Epilogue

She lost her memories— that I was not aware of.

"Let's go!"

"W-wait."

I stopped her from pulling me towards her destination. She looked at me with those bubbly eyes— she looks better and I must say, happier.

"Why?"

Napalunok ako nang mariyalisang medyo natagalan ang titig ko sa kanyang mukha. I miss every bit of her. Gusto kong yakapin ang babaeng pinakamamahal ko subalit alam kong magiging mali ito.

She is better off without me.

"T-Thank you for inviting me but I have an appointment in an hour."

She slowly let go of my hand and sighed.

"Napaka-wrong timing naman. Gusto ko sanang malaman kung paano tayo nagkakilala. I'm sure my best friend, Heptane, knows you."

She giggled.

"She knows everyone around me."

Napangiti ako sa sarap ng pagtawa nya. I wanted to pull her close to my chest, but I stopped myself.

"How about Hexion? He's with you, too?"

Her eyes lit. Mabilis itong tumango.

"You know him, too?" She narrowed her eyes at me and then, shook her head. "If you know Hex, then that means you must be really close with me."

Natawa ulit ito, kumunot ang noo ko bahagya.

"Baka naman boyfriend kita a?"

My heart skipped a beat. I was about to say a word when she jokingly punched my arm.

"You looked surprise. No worries. I was just bluffing. According to Heptane, never naman akong nagkajowa sa last three years eh. Hex is the only ex I got."

She smiled again— this time, wider.

"Anyway, I'll not hold you any longer. I think we will see each other if we ever bump again."

Tumango ako.

"I'll go now. They must be waiting for me."

She waved her goodbye.

"Goodbye."

I said and watched her walk away from me.

I made a step forward— gusto kong pigilan ang paglayong ginagawa nya subalit mas nilakasan ko ang sarili ko.

Pentaliticia is starting a new life. She is happy now. She looks better now. Her eyes sparkles as if she has no worries in life. She is happier. She is safer.

It hurts— it hurts seeing her like that without me by her side.

It hurts— knowing that she is starting anew not remembering any memory with me.

It hurts— fucking a lot— but this— she deserves this peaceful life and even if this will continue to hurt me, I will give it to her.

I'd rather be in pain than see her suffer once again because of me.