Chapter 16

GAYA nga ng napag-usapan, Blank flew to Europe to attend a very important conference while I'll be staying in his house to accompany his mom and Asul. At first, it was a bit uncomfortable because I could really feel that I wasn't welcome. However, I didn't give much attention to it.

Mali pala na hindi ko pinansin dahil sa likod ng tahimik na Mrs. Alfonzo ay ang mga plano nito.

Akala ko sapat na ang mga nalaman ko mula kay Trion pero doon ako nagkamali. Worst has yet to come. My bad. Hindi ako nakinig.

"Be careful, Pentaliticia. Gaya ko, you are an ordinary person, too."

--------------------

ABALA AKO sa pag-aasikaso ng lunch ni Asul when my secretary called me. Pansamantala ko munang iniwan ang sinabawang ulam para sa bata.

"I will just answer this call, Mrs. Alfonzo."

I told the old woman. She was sitting on the couch while reading news from her tablet. She didn't say a word but just nodded.

I went outside and answered the call. Hindi pa man ako nagtatagal sa pakikipag-usap kay Essey nang marinig ko ang malakas na pag-iyak ni Asul.

I dropped the call without proper goodbye and ran back inside the house. Mrs. Alfonzo was already on her knees while trying to wipe Asul's wet hands.

"W-what happened?"

Inalis ko ang maliit na mesa. Mrs. Alfonzo was shaking while wiping the hands of the child.

"Bakit mo kasi iniwan ang bata?!" 

She raised her voice and threw the towel at me. Tumayo ito.

Akala siguro ni Asul sya ang sinigawan kaya mas lalo itong umiyak.

I carried him and brought him to the sink. Hinugasan ko ang kamay nya na nabuhusan ng mainit na sabaw. Mabuti na lamang at di naman ganoon kainit ang sabaw. Tama lang para sa bata.

"You should be careful next time, okay? Don't play with anything hot. Do you understand?"

He nodded and thank goodness, he has stopped crying.

"I told Blank what happened."

I just came down from Asul's room when Mrs. Alfonzo said something.

"It was an accident. Thanks for telling him though."

I don't want to sound rude but I think she is making me feel like I was the one to be blamed for what happened. Sorry to say. Hind ako madadali ng mga ganyang galawan.

I sat on the dining table and tried to eat with her.

"Do you know Einagh?"

She asked out of nowhere.

"Who is Einagh?"

Her lips curved.

"Hindi sinabi ni Dreaker?"

Tumaas ang kilay ko. Ngumisi ito at napailing.

"Ang anak ko talaga."

I was curious.

"Blank didn't say anything related to that name."

"Well, mukhang wala namang balak si Dreaker na sabihin sayo."

"Siguro nga po."

I talked back. Her brows knitted but I don't care.

Tumayo ako at hinugasan ang aking kinainan.