Chapter 31

"WHERE DID YOU TAKE HER?"

Blank was fuming mad when he made his entrance to the office of his mother. May kausap pa ang ina nitl na empleyado nang pumasok sya pero agad ding lumabas.

"That was disrespectful of you to get in without knocking, Dreaker."

Napatayo ang madam.

"Where did you take her, mom!?"

"Take who, son?"

Pagmamaang-maangan ng kaniyang ina. Blank tried to control his emotions. Gusto nyang magwala. He has no single idea where Pentaliticia is and he knows his mother has something to do with her disappearance.

"Mom, come on. You know who I am talking about. Pakiusap. Nasaan si Pentaliticia?"

Dumilim ang paningin ni Mrs. Alonzo sa narinig mula sa anak. Umalis ito sa kanyang mesa at nilapitan ang anak. A second later, Blank received a big slap.

"I am disappointed!" Tiim-bagang pinandilatan nya ang kanyang anak. "I already told you before, Dreaker! Hindi ko kailanman hahayaang mapunta ka sa babaeng iyan!"

"Mom!"

"Enough! You will have your wedding tomorrow! Iyon ang asikasuhin mo, hindi iyong babaeng sumira sa pamilya natin!"

"Mom, it was not Pentaliticia! She is not dad's mistress for Pete's sake!"

Napataas na ang boses nito. He had enough of his mother's delusion.

"Matagal na ring humingi ng tawad si dad sayo! He is trying to get things done now. He already told you the truth! Why can't you leave Pentaliticia and I alone!?"

"Naririnig mo ba ang sinasabi mo?"

Isinuro nya ang anak.

"Kung hindi dahil sa babaeng iyan, hindi sana aabot sa ganito ang lahat. She tolerated the affair and even had the guts to hide it from me!"

"Believe me, mom. She has nothing to do with it."

"No, Dreaker. I've met Pentaliticia before. I am always there when your dad and his mistress are discussing about the deals between our company and the other one. Never— not even once did she tell me the truth!"

"IT WAS NOT HER BUSINESS! She was working for that mistress as her secretary, mom. She loves her job and she respects privacy! Hindi mo masisisi kung bakit hindi sya nakialam!"

Another full blown slap reached his left cheeks.

"Are you trying to fight against me just to defend that woman!?"

"M-Mom.."

Mas lalong uminit ang ulo ng madam.

"Get the hell out of my office."

"Mom, please. Tell me. Nasaan si Pentaliticia."

Umiling ang madam.

"Do not accuse me of something I didn't do."

"Mom!"

Napasigaw ito.

"Blank Dreaker, get the hell out of my office before I ask my men to take you out. Hindi mo gugustuhing galitin ako!"

Blank wanted to ask further but he knew he will never get an answer. He stormed his way out. Nakasalubong pa nito ang daddy nya pero he didn't bother greeting him.

"DREAKER!"

Hindi makapirmi sina Heptane, Trion, Octrine at Hexion sa sala ng bahay ni Pent nang makabalik si Blank.