Part 2 of an attempted Date Night

BOOM

Packages fell tied to parachutes and as soon as they hit the ground, explosives went off. Schott. Was the only name that came to Damian's mind. Marinette was eyeing the impact they made. Craters in the ground. She crawled out from under the gazebo, curious, only to be pulled back under by Damian's worried grip. He pushed a button on some key fob, and the bike rolled around. They quickly put their helmets on, and were dodging packages on the bike. Damian pulled up the quickest route to a safehouse of sorts, but Marinette had other plans.

"What if we transform?" he frantically dodged while annoyed

"Are you crazy? It's bad enough that this is happening, but now you want to get into a fight on the first line? Marinette, we need to get somewhere safe."

"And so do these other people!" She protested. He faltered then remembered Jason's advice. 'You can't keep her from danger, but you can keep her safe by fighting beside her.'

"Fine, but I'm going with you." He stopped the bike and hit another button, and it automatically got out of a dangerous spot.

"TIKKI, SPOTS ON."

"PLAGG, CLAWS OUT."
Bright lights engulfed the two and spread warmth through their bodies. Instead of pigtails, her hair was in an elegant ponytail, held back by a ribbon. He saw that his hair was still messy and wild and pouted.

"Why do you get the fancy new hairdo?" she giggled and ran her fingers through his hair. Now having even MORE cat attributes, he leant torward the touch. Out of the blue, a package hit by their feet. Damian sheilded the blow with his body, and she laughed.

"Damian, the suits are bulletproof and fire proof. We should be ok, just knocked back a bit."

"I don't care. I said I would protect you at all costs, and I kept my word." He crossed his arms and stared at the ground.

"Ok, just stay close." he nodded and followed. They ducked behind a tree and she called for her lucky charm.

"LUCKY CHARM." a large protective bubble fell. She knew the plan. "This is supposed to keep the bombs from blowing up. If it does blow, it will contain the blast. It keeps the bomb intact if it doesn't blow. If I can keep an intact bomb, could you disable it and track where it came from?" he nodded. "Good. This should work."

"Should?" he looked worried. She smiled and started the plan. After ten tries, they managed to catch one. Damian pulled out his kit and began. "It came from," he scoffed, "Schott's factory. Great. I'm going to call Batman and Red Robin in. This guy is their specialty. They are probably alfredy there." He called them up.

"Yes Damian, why did you call from the other phone?"

"You are aware that Schott is terrorizing the park, right? I managed to catch one with one of Ladybug's weird bubble things."

"Yes, we are at the factory now. Schott is in jail though. I didn't think he would be able to create chaos."

"What should Ladybug and I do?"

"I hate to ask you to do this but everyone went off back to work. Dick, Selina, the crime ring doesn't stop for Jason. Do you think you could go down to Arkham and find out if Schott is still in his cell?"

"Yeah, just give us ten minutes."

"Be careful kids." The line went dead.

"Alright. Let me call the bike over. Do you want to detransform now? We could re-transform when we get there which is half an hour to fourty five minutes away." she nodded "Wait. Do you want to use the cleanse? Your injuries should heal a bit faster." She sighed and called for it.

"MIRACULOUS LADYBUG." all the bombs and the damage dissapeared. She felt her wounds heal but she felt weak. She hasn't used the cleanse in a few months.

"Are you ok?" he knelt down to her level. She then noticed she was on the floor.

"Yeah, I'm fine." she stood up.

"Marinette, you're shaking." she waved it off and detransformed. Tikki dropped into her hand.

"Marinette, I thought we both agreed you wouldn't do that. If you keep overexerting yourself, you'll get worse. You should have used the Miraculous cleanse, weekly to undo any damage and now you're paying the toll. Too much at once will hurt, a lot." Damian held a hand up.

"She has to do this weekly?" Tikki waved a paw.

"It's fine, but she took on more damage than she is used to. If we spread it out, she won't get hurt." He looked at the pale girl.

"Do you want me to drop you off at the manor?" she shook her head and put on a helmet. Tikki flew into her purse.

"I'll be fine. It's a long ride to recharge anyways." he nodded and detransformed himself. Plagg flew into Marinette's purse as well. Damian started the bike and put on a helmet. They looked at the park, that was as good as new. He felt her lean against his back with her head on his shoulder. "Try to hold on. We are almost there, just fifteen minutes." She nodded and gripped his midsection tighter. She meekly whispered under her breath.

"Thank you"

"For what?"

"Keeping your promise."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Marinette, I need you to wake up. We're here." she didn't even notice she fell asleep.

"Anything I should know before we walk in?"

"Keep your hands in your pockets, or around your purse, don't stare, don't back down, and don't show sympathy. They are all here for a reason." she nodded and grabbed his arm and they walked in. The guards checked them for weapons (they did a terrible job seeing as it was Damian.) and let them in. They both stared ahead in the hallway as they walked by. Prison inmates shouted and screamed at Damian. Marinette gripped his arm tighter and looked up at him. Damian, why are they shouting at you. I'm a Wayne. Oh, I'm sorry. Nah, it's fine. I'm used to it. She didn't like the sound of that. At the end of the hallway, Winslow Schott's cell was heavily guarded with three different doors. A man sat in a chair in the corner, reading his book.

"Schott, are you involved with the terrorism downtown?" the man looked up and smirked.

"What terrorism? I've been here the whole time." Damian scowled at the man and texted Bruce.

'We got him.'

'Ok, confession?'

'yes.'

'good. Get out of there and finish your date for the evening.

'it's already ruined.'

'I'm sorry. Maybe you can reschedule?'

'Yeah, maybe. If she even wants to anymore.' Bruce sent Damian an angry emoji. He sent one back and pocketed his phone, while walking out of Arkham.

"I'm sorry our date got ruined. Hopefully you don't hate me." She laughed.

"I could never hate you Monsieur Demon. We still have a few hours before patrol. How about we go back to the house and watch a movie?" He nodded and handed her the red helmet.
The whole way home, the only thing he could think was 'She probably hates me now.' "I already told you I don't. This is just one date, and I honestly had fun fighting alongside you." He accidentally hit the brakes on the bike. She laughed and they arrived at the Manor. Alfred stood at the door waiting to hear how it went.

"Hello Master Damian. I sense the date was not a sucess?" Marinette smiled at the man.

"Actually, I can't say the same for Damian, but I had fun. Also, I'm healed finally, even though I'm tired." She walked upstairs to her room to change into something more comforatble while he headed to the kitchen. He took off his jacket, and pulled out the same ingredients they were going to use to make cookies a few days ago. She came back downstairs in sweatpants and a t-shirt. He gestured to the counter.

"Do you want to continue what we started?"