-3- Unexpected visitor

Yibo was still sitting in bed talking to his brother. Inwardly he was already preparing for a visit from his father, who will blame him because he once again had a gig at the club and then fainted. Surely, Yibo thought, his father would think again, he spends too much time with his hobby and too little with his work.

A nurse knocked on the door and said that there was a visitor. She wanted to know if she could let him in. Yibo knew that this couldn't be his father, because he wouldn't have knocked or let himself be announced, but would have stormed into the room immediately, looked at the chart and then started screaming immediately.

Yibo nodded at the nurse and she waved someone over. Yibo's eyes widened as he saw an unexpected visitor. But not only his eyes. Hai Kuan also stared at the man and then suddenly jumped up from his chair and shouted, "Oh my God, if it isn't the legendary Xiao Zhan. I didn't know you were back in town."

"Oh hey A Kuan. How long has it been? Ten years?"

" With must. How long have you been back in the country?"

"Just two weeks."

"Oh, okay. And what did you want from my little brother?

"Oh? He's your brother? I was actually just bringing him his guitar. His friends forgot it and my manager asked me to bring it to him."

"So you work at the Club P18?"

"It's just temporary. The manager is my cousin and he asked me to help him out for a while."

Xiao Zhan came closer to the bed of the speechless Yibo and put his guitar next to the bed. Yibo's hands began to sweat, his breathing quickened and his heart raced.

"How have you been the last ten years? I heard you studied medicine abroad?"

Zhan sat on the bed next to Yibo and he bit his lower lip. He was so close to Zhan that he could scent his perfume.

"That's right. I went to the United States first, and then to Europe. I am officially allowed to call myself a neurosurgeon."

"Wow, can you believe my little brother is a neurologist?"

"Oh really? Maybe he and I should have a little professional talk."

"If he ever manages to talk to you." Mumbled Hai Kuan, but loud enough for Zhan and Yibo to understand.

But before Yibo could even try to say anything, the door to the room flew open and a gray-haired man, mid-fifties and only six feet tall, came storming into the room in a rage. He grabbed the chart and read it through. Then he sparkled angrily first to the guitar and then to Yibo.

Yibo swallowed hard and he knew what was coming. And he was uncomfortable that Xiao Zhan of all people had to watch this. But, before his father could yell at him, Xiao Zhan jumped up from the bed, held out his hand to Yibo's father and introduced himself to him. "Hello, my name is doctor Xiao Zhan."

The expression on Yibo's father's face suddenly changed from angry to astonished. He shook Zhan's hand and replied, "I'm glad. I am Wang Jong. Are you by any chance the neurosurgeon Xiao Zhan?"

"That's who I am, sir."

"Then I'm even happier. Because I' ve heard so much about you."

"Is that so?"

"Oh, yeah. We even made you an offer to work for us. We were hoping that you and our son would run the neurology department together."

"Ah yes, I remember. I was at the John Hopkins Hospital at that time, working there."