~ 35 ~

It was just the way she had seen it on Television but the screen could always depreciate things. At times, there were things you just have to meet in reality in order to acknowledge and appreciate their values; wondrous sights like the GreenStar enterprise was supposed to be visited and adored in real life instead.

The company was similar to the type you would only see in dark billionaire movies. Maybe that concept was personal because it was her first time meeting such an enormous firm in real life. The skyscraper stood majestically over the rest of the buildings in the vicinity, with its glass walls reflecting the lights surrounding it, creating a magical sight.

The professional aura exuding the work environment was highly expected from a company that served as the world's biggest technology corporation. The grandeur of the place reminded her of a particular fact she always seemed to forget occasionally; how influential Jayden was.

Seeing Jayden personally almost on a daily basis created a natural, casual relationship between them that sometimes made her forget about his social status. Thence, visiting the company he was the heir to reminded her of how much influence he wielded, including how huge an honor it was to be working for him.

The limousine drove them to the building's entrance, where they were welcomed by a single file of staff members, each one of them keeping their head bent in a respectful bow, anticipating the first appearance of the president after fourteen months.

Maria had never seen anything like that. The way the employees were bowing and waiting in line made her think of a royal person being welcomed into a palace, not a company. However, the expressionless look on Jayden's made her assume it might be a usual occurrence around here.

The guards opened the doors when Jayden was ready to step out of the car and Maria swallowed deeply before following suit. Her heels clicked loudly the moment she got out, or maybe that was all in her head, but the silence around her was overwhelming enough to have such a thought.

Jayden passed some instructions to his personal assistant who quickly relayed them to some of the workers. "Let's go," the voice of her patient attracted back her attention wandering off in awe.

Maria nodded, not like she had another choice or knew her way around anyway. She followed his path when he started walking, including the large group of bodyguards and highly positioned executives, all of whom were wearing similar formal attires, and she couldn't help but feel like an outcast in her pair of blue jeans and a simple top.

A chubby-looking man approached them, and Jayden pausing his steps to hear him out made Maria wonder if the man was a high-ranking official.

The older man's face was wrapped with clear delight, stretching his hand for a handshake as he spoke, "Young master, it is so nice to meet you. Mr. Walters will be here shortly!" His tone was filled with respect, his smile full of admiration.

Maria watched the way Jayden's eyes slid down to the man's outstretched hand, delaying with some seconds as though he was thinking about the greatest calamity that could befall earth if he ever shook hands with the other man.

It seemed like his decision was made when he returned his gaze back to the man, clearly rejecting his option for physical touch. "Well, tell your boss that 'shortly' should happen quickly. I do not enjoy waiting." He said without any form of kindness, maintaining his expressionless gaze.

The man dropped his hand slowly, his smile not wavering despite the rejection, including Jayden's attitude as a whole. "Of course, sir. We apologize for the inconvenience." He assured with a quick bow.

Maria could only sigh mentally since she could relate exactly to how the man might be feeling after having to deal with Jayden's rudeness regularly.

Jayden resumed his steps, acknowledging the man with a small nod before continuing his way into the massive building.