4

Mary's Point of View
As I laid in bed I couldn't help but feel bad, I was kind of mean to Francis. But at the same time, his response was to go have sex. Like what is wrong with him? I don't care, I need to sleep, it's been a long day. I closed my eyes. I heard something. "Hello?" I said, no one answered. I must just be hearing things, it's a new room and everything feels creepy. I felt someone get on top of me, I opened my eyes and a man was on top of me. "Get off of me!" I screamed. "Shut up." He covered my mouth. He pinned my arms down and kneed him in the groin. He rolled over in pain. I went over to the fire place and grabbed the fire pick. "Guards!" I screamed. "Get over here." He charged towards me, I stuck out the pick and it pierced him, he began bleeding. Guards came in and dragged him out. Blood was everywhere. I walked out and saw Catherine and Henry walking down the hall. "What is all the screaming about?" Henry asked "A man broke into my rooms, he must have slipped past the guards." I said "What is all over you?" He asked "Blood." I said "Mary he did he violate you?" Catherine asked. "No, he tried but no." I said "Well you can sure as hell defend yourself." Henry said "Do you know how many men have tried to rape and kill me? I can hold my own." I said "What's going on?" Greer came down the hall. I ran and hugged her. "A man tried to hurt Mary." Catherine said "Oh Mary, it's okay." She hugged me tight. "What is with all the screaming?" Francis asked "A man tried to rape me" I said letting go of Greer. "What? Where is he?" He asked "Dead, she killed him." Henry said. "Oh my god you did?" Francis said. "Your majesties, it's the middle of the night, I'll take Mary to my rooms and we can all get back to sleep." Greer said "Thats a good idea, I'll double the guards." Henry said. "Let me know if you need anything at all." Catherine said before they both walked away. "Greer I'll meet you in your room." I said "Okay." She walked down the hall. "Are you okay?" He asked "I'm fine, this wasn't the first time and it won't be the last." I said. "Did you invite him to your bed?" He asked "Excuse me?" I asked "Did you invite him in your bed to make me jealous?" He asked "Are you really that self absorbed? You really think I invited a man into my bed then accused him of rape and killed him all so a boy would like me? You are so full of yourself." I yelled "No Mary of course I didn't think that." He said "Francis you did think that, that's exactly what you thought because you fucking said it!" I said. "Mary stop I'm an idiot, okay? I'm sorry that was a dick thing to say." He said grabbing my arm. "Do not touch me." I pulled away from him. "Mary I'm sorry I'm such an asshole." He said "Yes you are." I walked down the hall and went into Greers room. I climbed in her bed. "What did he say?" She asked "I don't want talk about it." I said, there was a knock at the door. "Mary will you please just accept my apology." Francis said "Tell him to go away." I said, Greer went to the door and opened it up. "Your grace, Mary isn't in here." She said "I can see her right there." He said, I pulled the covers over me. "No, I'm afraid she isn't in here." She said "Okay, well when you find her please tell her I'm sorry." He said "I will, if I find her." She said then closed the door. We both started laughing. "Was that too mean?" She laughed "No, wait until to hear what he said to me." I said. She came over and got under the covers.