29

Mary's Point of View
I woke up in a strange place, I touched my hand to my forehead and touched something wet. Blood. Oh god. I heard people speaking from outside the door. Not english or french. Spanish. A woman came in. "Who are you?" I asked "Margot, your sister in law." She said "It seems you're my kidnapper as well." I said "Well I can't get what I want through war, Spain is strong but not strong enough to fight off three countries. It is rumored that my brother is quite in love with you, so he will do anything to get you and your child back. While on the other hand my father loves power, he won't let you die it will cost him England." She said "What do you want, money?" I asked "No, I want to be the Queen of France." She said "That won't happen, Francis will come for me." I said "I have a question, why wasn't he there when you were kidnapped?" She asked "He was still at the ball." I lied "His is play thing Olivia still at court?" She asked "Yes." I said "I'm not going to kill you." She said "I didn't think you would, especially since I am with child." I said "Of course, once I get what I want you will be free to go. You'll live comfortably here. We are family, I'm not here to torture you." She said "What if you don't get what you want?" I asked "We don't have to worry about that, I will." She said "Francis is sorry about what he did, he told me he was." I said "I'm sure he is sorry, but that doesn't make up for what happened." She said "Catherine can be a difficult woman, I know how it feels to be a disappointment. My whole life men and women told me that because of my gender I had no right to rule." I said "Mary, I like you. I don't want to hurt you. I want us to be friends. You're right we have similar struggles. But you will never understand the pain my family caused me." She said "No I won't, but I can try." I said "Mary let us know if you need anything, or if you want to write to Francis. And if you are to give birth here I promise you'll have the best doctors Spain has to offer." She said "Thank you." I said, she walked out. I went over to a desk and began writing a letter.
Francis,
I believe I am in Spain. I met your sister Margot. She wants to be the Queen of France. I am safe and being held in sanitary conditions. I'm having my every need met there is nothing to worry about. She has said if I am to give birth here I will have the best medical care possible. Please just try to work things out. I know we fought before I was taken but there is no use in me still being bitter towards you. Our marriage is not what is important right now. What matters now is that I give birth to our healthy child and he or she in brought to safety in one of our castles. Please find a way to sort all this out. I'm safe for the time being but that could change.
-Mary Stuart