34

Francis' Point of View
I laid in bed next to Mary, she was snuggled next to me with her head on my shoulder. It amazes me that at one time I would have rolled my eyes at a woman wanting to lay together after sex but Mary taught me how to love. No matter what I want her laying in bed next to me every night. She makes me want to be the best man I can be for her and our child. She moved her head to the nook of my neck and laid on top of me, holding me close. I wrapped my arms around her and stroked her hair. I felt her soft lips pressed against my neck. When I'm with her, no matter where we are, I feel at home. She is the only woman I've allowed myself to be truly vulnerable with. I kissed her forehead. I gently rolled her on to her back. I put a blanket over her then got out of bed and put pants and a riding shirt on. I went into James' nursery. He was standing up in his crib. He saw me and started smiling. I went over to his crib and picked him up. "Happy birthday handsome boy." I smiled, he is one year old today. "How does it feel to be a big boy?" I tickled him, he giggled. I walked back into our room with James in my arms. I lifted him up in the air and he started laughing, he loves when I do that. I continued to do that over and over again until Mary interrupted. "What are you two boys doing?" She smiled "Manly things." I smiled, she laughed and put a robe on. "Let me see the birthday boy." She smiled, I handed him to her. She bounced him up and down on her hip and kissed his forehead, he began to pull her hair. "Ah no James." She moved his tiny hands. "Give me a kiss." I said tapping my cheek. He gave me a big slobbery kiss on the cheek. "Kiss." Mary smiled at me and tapped her lips. I went to kiss her but James pressed his lips against hers. We both started laughing. "How did you sleep?" I asked "Good, my head hurts a little." She said "Oh no." I kissed her forehead. "That makes it feel better." She smiled "I'll order breakfast, maybe you're just famished." I said, she nodded then sat on the ground with James. I walked over and opened up the door. "Please have breakfast brought to us." I said "As you wish your grace." A guard said. I closed the door and walked towards Mary. She was playing peak a boo with James. Every time she would reveal her beautiful face James would giggle uncontrollably. I picked James up and began moving him around like he was flying, that made him laugh as well. Mary smiled at us. "James, how would you feel about a baby brother or sister?" I asked holding him up in the air. He just continued gigging. "I think that's a yes." I smiled at Mary while bringing James down sitting him on my shoulder. "Well I suppose we could try." She said "You don't want another child?" I asked "I do, but I was kidnapped because of my pregnancy." She said "Mary Valois, I promise you no harm will ever again come to you." I said "You can't assure that." She said "Yes I can, and I promise over my dead body will you or one of our children be taken from me." I said "I would love James to have a sibling." She smiled "Then how about we really start trying for a baby tonight." I smiled "I think you have more sex with your wife than any man ever has." She laughed "Well not everyone gets to marry the most beautiful woman to ever step foot on this earth, I have to take advantage of the blessing given to me." I smiled then kissed her. "James my love come here." She held him. He laid his head on her shoulder.