30

Francis' Point of View
Two Months Later
"We have given them everything they wanted, why won't they give us her back?" I yelled "We haven't given her the crown." Henry said "We won't give her the crown. That's impossible." I said "Of course not, but still we need to figure out what else we can do." He said "Plan a meeting with her, outside the castle. Just my sister and I. No advisors or soldiers." I said. He walked out. I can't stop thinking about Mary, she was so mad at me when she was taken. And in her letters she refuses to talk about it. She is my wife and I love her no matter what. I won't cheat on her no matter what. I don't mean to hurt her, not telling her about the kiss was a mistake. She is the most amazing person I know, and I know I don't deserve her but I will do everything in my power to show her I love her. Whatever it takes. What if she has already given birth? She had to go through that pain alone and I wasn't there to help. What if my child is in the world now and I haven't met him or her? That would be heart breaking. I already have so much to fix with Mary, and what if on top of that my child won't doesn't know it's child. "Your Grace Queen Margot is ready." A pager said. I got on my horse and rode out to meet her. We are keeping camp on the boarder of Spain and France. "So sister, what is it going to take for me to have my wife back?" I asked "You know what it will take." She said "We both know I can't do that." I said "Your wife is sweet, I now know why her beauty is talked about all across Europe." She said "Has my wife given birth?" I asked "Not of your concern, I have been reading your letters and she seems very pissed at you." She said "I've made mistakes with Mary, that doesn't mean I don't deserve to know my child." I said "I want Ceret back." She said "That's it? Just your land of the boy you didn't get to marry?" I asked "That and 50,000 franks. Along with a written agreement that France won't wage war against Spain." She said "I can have that in two days time." I said "Once I have the money, deeds to the land, and my promise of peace you can have your wife back." She said "Great." I said then rode off. I got off my horse and ran to my Father. "We need to give the city of Ceret to Spain, along with 50,000 franks and a promise of peace." I said "What about the Duke of Ceret?" He asked "He will be given lands in Versailles." I said "Yes, good job son." He said. I'm so scared. There are a couple possibilities. I could meet my child and Mary. I could meet a still pregnant Mary. I could meet Mary and no child. I could meet no Mary and just a child. And worst out of all of those, I could meet no one. Maybe that's why she suddenly lowered her terms. I can't sleep or eat. I'm terrified. I could puke right now my nerves are crazy. I don't pray a lot. But right now I really need to believe that some higher power it looking out for me right now. Looking out for my wife and child. I got down on my knees and folded my hands.