21

Mary's Point of View
I ran out of bed and to the toilet, I puked my guts out. Ugh. I've been so sick. "Please summon Queen Catherine and King Henry to my chambers." I said "Yes your grace." My maid said then walked out. I got back in bed and put a warm cloth on my forehead. I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant. I haven't gotten my period in two months. "Mary why did you summon us?" Catherine asked as they walked in. "Mary you look very ill." Henry said "I believe I'm with child, Francis' child." I said, not making eye contact. "Oh my." Catherine said. "We need to be married at once." I said "We will plan a ceremony the night after next." He said "I'm sorry." I said "Don't be sorry, young people make mistakes. Thankfully this mistake will result in a mutually beneficial marriage." He said "Does Francis know?" Catherine asked "No." I said "Who's going to tell him?" Henry asked "I will, go summon him please." I said. Henry walked out to go get him. "Can I do anything to help?" She asked "No, thank you." I said "Mary no matter what is going on with Francis, it is not healthy for you or the baby to lay in bed in a dark room all day. You must go outside, get some fresh air and sun light." She said "Were you this sick when you were pregnant?" I asked "No, because I didn't allow myself to fall into a deep depression." She said "I'm not depressed." I said "Yes Mary because a happy person spends all their time reading Greek tragedies in a dark room." She said, the door opened and Francis entered. "You summoned me." He said "Francis she knows about us." I said "Oh." He said "Francis I really don't know how to say this, but I'm pregnant." I said "Oh god, we need to get married immediately." He said "The wedding is in two days." Catherine said. "Mother can you leave us please?" He asked "Yes, Mary I'll come back with some medicines to help soon." She said then left. "We should have been more careful." I said "Is us having a child really the worst thing you can imagine?" He asked "No, I'm just saying we shouldn't have had a child until after we were married." I said "Like you would agree to marry me after all this." He said "Francis, we will be husband and wife. There is no going back now." I said "I'm sorry you have to marry me." He said "Francis I didn't mean it like that." I said "Are you feeling okay, can I get you anything?" He asked "I'm okay, I just want the baby to be healthy." I said "It's important you stay positive and be healthy." He said "I know, I'll try." I said, he held my hand. "I've put you through a lot, I know that and I'm sorry. The stress of this can't be easy. I'm trying I promise, I won't let you and our child down."  He whispered to me. I lightly smiled and nodded. "I know I don't deserve it but please just give me the opportunity to prove my devotion to you." He said "To our child." He put his hand on my stomach. "I'm going to get some rest. We can talk more at dinner." I said "Of course, close you're eyes for a little." He said. He walked out and closed the door.