26

Francis' Point of View
Today has been such a long day. I walked to me and Mary's chamber. Mary has been spending her time decorating our shared chambers. I urge her to try to lay down and rest, so she doesn't over work herself but she says she is fine. We will announce her pregnancy sometime soon, it's getting too hard to hide it. I walked in and saw people putting up a variety of tapestries, rugs, paintings, fabrics, statues, and furniture. "Mary was is all this?" I asked "Decorating, I want to go with a positive color. Maybe a nice blue." She said "Can we do all this tomorrow? I'm quite tired." I said "Wait did I miss dinner?" She asked "No, dinner got moved for tonight but I'm not in the mood." I said "You're all dismissed." She said, everyone bowed and walked out. "This is chaos." I smiled "What in a royals life isn't chaos?" She smiled then kissed me. "I'm sorry you couldn't finish up with all this, I've had a long day." I said "No need to apologize, I understand. It's not like I would be able to make a decision before nightfall anyways." She smiled, she began untying my shirt. "Tell me about your day." I said pulling my shirt over my head "Well I woke up feeling a little sick, I took some herbs then had breakfast with Greer in the gardens. After that I stayed in here decorating." She said placing a kiss on my jaw. "It seems you got much done." I laughed "Hey, I picked out furniture and curtains. Progress is progress no matter how big or how little." She smiled "You're right my wife" I smiled then kissed her. "What about your day my love?" She asked "Stressful, the Spanish are causing issues." I said "Well we are the king and queen of Scotland and England, the dauphine and dauphin of France. The pope adores the Valois and me. Not to mention you have Medici blood which gives great power in Italy. They are foolish to try anything." She said "Of course they are foolish, but a bother none the less." I said "Do you want me to have dinner brought here? We can sit and talk." She said. "I can think of nothing that would bring me more joy right now." I smiled "Go get in the bath, I'll call for dinner then join you." She smiled, I kissed her lips then her nose and walked into the bathroom. I took my boots off then my pants and got in the bath. The warm water feels so good. I dipped my head under the water and got my hair wet. I closed my eyes to relax and she came in a few minutes later.  I looked at her as she unbuttoned her dress. "Close your eyes." She smiled "As you wish my queen." I smiled, I closed my eyes and after a minute or two I felt her enter the bathtub. "You can open them up now." She smiled, I did. I could see only her cleavage because of the water. She began to wash her hair. "Tell me about Spain." She said "They are greatly pressuring France's boarders. All our troops have been sent to stop it. Since we are the King and Queen of England there is no need for my Father and I to hold troops at Calais, so it is not such a problem." I said "I understand, have you written to Margot?" She asked "Yes, it is she that hasn't responded." I said "Well why not?" She asked "She got married far to young, she was wed on her 13th birthday. She was bitter at my parents for not allowing her to marry a noble boy. So now she does everything in her power to inconvenience us." I said "Won't that change once you are king?" She asked "No, she hates me too. I was the one who told my parents about her and the noble boy." I said "Why?" She asked "I was young and stupid, I didn't think how it may hurt her." I said "Come here, I'll wash your hair." She said, I laid on to of her with my back against her stomach, she began running hands through my hair and washing it. "You can do this every night." I smiled with my eyes closed. "I'll do my best." She smiled "I know if we go to war we will annihilate Spain. But still U don't want to do that." I said "I understand, you aren't a king with anything to prove so you don't want war." She said "You're both my beautiful wife and greatest counselor." I smiled "I know I'm amazing you don't have to tell me." She giggled, there was a knock at the door. "Your grace your dinner is ready." A servant said from the other room. "Leave it on the table." I shouted, Mary got out and began washing herself off. She put on a silk rose gold robe. I got out and dried off. I put on pants and a night shirt while she brushed her hair. I walked out and sat down at the table. I cut into my steak and began to eat. Steak, bake potatoes, and corn are my favorite meal. My wife knows me well. I looked over and there was the same thing on Mary's plate. She has been eating quite a lot since she got pregnant. She walked in and sat down. "Good idea does dinner." I smiled "They were having fish at the feast, bleh." She smiled "Fish is fucking disgusting." I smiled "This doesn't have enough salt." She said putting a large amount on. "How is that good to you?" I asked "I don't know, salt makes everything better." She said "Not wine." I laughed "Shut up." She laughed, she went over to the fire and put more wood in. I looked at her plate and she was finished, god she eats quick when she's hungry. She got in bed and watched me while I ate. "Do you know what I love?" I asked "Me?" She smiled "Yes you, but something else as well." I smiled "What?" She asked "All the men at court gasp in your beauty, the people too. They are all envious that I got to marry an angel sent from the heavens." I smiled "Stop it." She blushed, I set down my fork and knife on my empty plate and walked to her. "No." I smiled then kissed her. I got in bed and held both her hands and kissed them. "I love you, so much." I said "I love you very very very much." She smiled then kissed me. "Let's get some rest, I want to have breakfast in the morning before my meetings." I said, she laid her her back against my stomach and I held her close. She held my hands against her stomach and we fell asleep in each other's arms.