10

Francis' Point of View
I'm getting ready for the big ball tonight. Everyone is excited and getting out their best clothes. I put on the outfit that was laid out for me. I fixed my hair and splashed some water on my face, it's gonna be a long night. I walked out of my room and to the ball room. Kenna and Bash were by the ale. I went over to them. "Hello." I said "Your grace." Kenna curtsied. "Kenna there is not need for that." I said "Oh, well hello Francis." She smiled, I returned the smile. "Here." Bash handed me a drink. "Thanks." I took a sip. "Is Mary here?" I asked Kenna. "No, she is still getting ready." She said "Why are you so concerned?" Bash smiled "She is my fiancé, I'm allowed to be concerned." I said "Now announcing, Mary Queen of Scots." The pager said. I turned and faced the door. The doors opened and Mary came through. She had on a navy blue dress, in was an off the shoulder gown, with a large train. Her hair was half up half down. She looks so beautiful. "Francis pick your jaw up off the ground." Bash laughed. "Oh shut up." I said, Mary walked over to us. "Hello." She smiled "Hi." I said "Mary you look beautiful." Kenna said "Awh thank you Kenna." She smiled, Tomas came over. "Mary," He kissed her hand "you look beautiful." He smiled, I wrapped my arm around her waist and kissed the top of her head. "Doesn't she? I'm a very lucky man." I smiled "Yes, you are. Save a dance for me." He said to Mary, he walked away. "What the fuck?" Bash asked "Mary doesn't want Tomas making unwanted advances, so we are pretending to be in love." I said "Pretending?" Kenna laughed. "Yes." Mary said, she grabbed the cup out of my hand and drank the whole thing in one sip. "Oh wow." I laughed "I'm having a tough couple days, let me drink." She said "Okay." I said, I poured two shots and handed one to her. We clinked the glasses then drank. We spent the rest of the night drinking and having fun. "Francis, I want to make out with you." Mary said in a drunken tone. "I think you're drunk." I said smiling "No no no, I want to feel your muscles and lips all over me." She giggled, wrapping her arms around my neck. "Oh my, come with me." I said, I'm sober enough to not do this. I led her towards her rooms. "Is this happening?" She giggled "No, you're drunk." I said "Yes I am, but I still want to." I said "I don't care, you're still drunk." I said "Ugh." She said, I got her a night gown. "Go put this on." I said "Fine meanie." She stuck her tongue out and she took off her dress and it fell to the floor. I turned around immediately. "Mary!" I said, I want to look but that is wrong she's drunk. "What? I'm getting ready." She said "Are you still naked?" I asked "No my night gown is on." She said, I turned around and she was dressed. "Do you know I actually like you?" She asked "What?" I asked "I like you, but I know you don't like me so I'm never gonna tell you." She said "Mary you're telling me right now." I said "Oh shit you're right." She said "Come on we'll get you in bed." I said, I picked her up and walked over to her bed. I moved the blankets and put her under them. I pulled the covers over her and made sure she was covered. "Come here." She said "Okay." I said "I think you are so handsome and sweet. I like pretending to be a real couple." She said "I like it too." I said "Maybe we should talk about this when I'm not drunk." She said "Maybe." I smiled "Can you stay in here with me? I'm scared." She said "Of what?" I asked "I don't know, just hold my hand while I sleep." She said "Okay." I said, I went over and pulled a couch next to her bed, I got blankets and a pillow and set up a bed. I laid down and got comfortable. "Francis!" She said "What?" I asked popping up. "Hold my hand." She said "Okay." I laughed. She held my hand then pressed it against her lips. She smiled. I smiled back at her. I watched her as she fell asleep. She's so beautiful.