32

Francis' Point of View
Mary was laying in bed holding James, they were both sleeping. She has been sleeping since we got back yesterday. I understand why, she is emotionally and physically exhausted. The physician has been checking her vitals and such and she is perfectly fine just tired. I will never forgive myself for not being there when she gave birth. As soon as I saw James I fell in love. I can't believe out of our love we created something so perfect. He is just so tiny and fragile it amazes me. I'm just fascinated by him. He is just a baby but all ready I'm so proud of him and I know he will accomplish so much. His poor mother gave birth to him surrounded by strangers and managed to keep him healthy and safe. I pulled James from her arms gently so she didn't wake. I held him close and kissed his forehead. Greer and Kenna burst it. "We're sorry, we wanted to check on Mary." Kenna said "It's all right, she is still sleeping. When she wakes I'll let her know you stopped by." I said "Is that your child? The rumors are true she did give birth there." Greer said "Yes, I am greatly blessed my wife and son came home safe." I said "Well we will meet him later, please tell Mary we stopped by." Kenna said, they walked out. I missed Mary so much, I don't feel whole with out her by my side. For the months she was gone I just felt an emptiness in my heart. I didn't know if she was alive or dead, it nearly killed me. I set James down in his crib. I stood there and gently rocked his crib back and fourth. "Francis." Mary murmured. "Mary, my love how are you feeling?" I asked cupping her cheek in my hand. "I'm okay, our son in safe and healthy and that's what matters." She said holding my free hand. "Mary both of your health matters, James is perfectly healthy so right now we are focusing on you." I said "I'm really fine, just exhausted." She said "Mary I love you, so much." I said "I know." She kissed the palm of my hand. "I messed up, and I will never forgive myself. I know I make stupid decisions but I swear it is never my intention to hurt you. I will spend my life doing what is best for you and our children. I know it's not always going to be the best choice but everything I do is for our benefit." I said "No one is perfect, you put me on a pedestal but I do much wrong. We will both make mistakes, what matters is we will learn and grow from them. We will push each other to be better partners, rulers, and parents. We have a child now, our ridiculous drama about past lovers and rumors can't be in our lives anymore. You are my husband and the father of my child and I love you." She said "You're right, we are committed to each other. We should both know better than to get jealous." I said "We are married and in love, most royals aren't in that position. We must cherish and take care of our relationship." She said "I couldn't bring myself to eat or sleep while you were gone. Nothing was worth doing if it wasn't with you." I said "Come here." She smiled, I raised my head to her and she kissed me. "I missed those soft lips." I smiled "I missed your annoying scruffy beard scratching my beard." She smiled "You know some may say it's a wife's job to keep house and raise the children but I quite like my wife just giving me sass and telling me how it is." I smiled "Whether you like it or not I'll keep doing it." She smiled "I'm glad you didn't lose your sense of humor in Spain." I smiled "Never." She smiled, I kissed her again. "Kenna and Greer stopped by not so long ago, they wanted me to let you know." I said "Mhm that's sweet of them, I don't think I'm ready for visitors quite yet." She said "That's okay love. My father said I can take time to be with my family so I don't have business to attend to. I'm here to help, all you have to do is sleep. I'll take care of James." I said "Well I have to sleep and breastfeed him." She said "You're breastfeeding him?" I asked "Yes, it's my child not some wet nurses. James will not spend his childhood being raised by tutors and nannies. I am his mother, he will drink from my breast and I will raise him." She said "We will raise him." She clarified. "If you want to breastfeed him that is perfectly fine. We will raise James to be a great man." I said "Yes, we will." She smiled. James started crying, I went over to the crib and picked him up. "Bring him here, he's hungry." She said, she pulled out her breast. I handed him to her and he began eating. Her breasts look bigger than usual, more full. I love her petite body but her breasts being bigger is not something I'll complain about. It's amazing how after she pushed a baby out of her I am still endlessly lusting for every part of her body. We just connect on every level. "Does it hurt?" I asked "Am I in pain when you bite my nipples?" She laughed "It depends, most people would say 'ow' if they were in pain but for some reason when I bite your nipples you just say 'Oh Francis' but everyone reacts differently." I laughed, I jokingly moaned 'Oh Francis'. She blushed and smiled. "Perhaps you just prepared me for this." She laughed "I did, you're welcome." I laughed "Well thank you." She laughed "On another note, the people were very concerned about you being kidnapped. They love their future queen." I said "They love her ability to quickly get pregnant." She said "No, it's not that. They love my mother for that. They love you for your charity and good heart. They know you always have their best interest in mind." I said "You think too much of me." She blushed and adjusted her hair. "You just think too little of yourself." I said, she playfully rolled her eyes. I walked to the other side of the bed and climbed in. James finished eating and she pulled on her night gown then put a rag on her shoulder and began to burp him. "Let's promise each other something." She said "Okay." I said "If we ever hear rumors about the two of us that could cause a fight, we need to first talk to each other before we jump to conclusions about something silly. We need to communicate." She said "Yes, yes that is a good idea. I promise before I jump to conclusions I'll come talk to you." I said "I promise too." She smiled.