11

Mary's Point of View
I woke up to pounding on my door. I immediately shot out of bed. "Mary we need to talk." A voice shouted through the door. It is my advisor, Elliot. I got out of bed and tripped over a couch. What the hell? I got up and opened the door. "What Elliot? It's so early." I said "Mary it is nearly noon, you're just hung over." He laughed "Never mind that, what is going on?" I asked "The English they've waged war, Scotland is strong with many armies but we need all the help we can get. You need to ask Henry for troops." He said "Call a meeting, I will meet you in the throne room in half an hour." I said, I shut the door and quickly went to my closet and put on a emerald green gown and put my hair in a bun. I put my gold crown on. I then put on jewelry and then my heels. I quickly went to the throne room. "Henry, I need to ask you for a favor." I said "Mary we don't have any troops to spare." He said "Henry, Scotland has helped you countless times in the past, we need France to help us now." I said "Mary, if I could spare any troops to give to you I would give them to you. But sadly we don't." He said, Francis came in. "What's going on?" Francis asked "Scotland needs troops for war against England, and France can't give us any." I said "Portugal can spare many companies of troops." Tomas said "They can?" I asked "Yes, if you would consider an engagement." He said "No, France can find a way." Francis said "No we can't." Henry said. "Mary, this is the best option, Portugal is a strong country." Elliot said. "Mary and I have been engaged since we were children, you can't just call that off." Francis said. "Yes she can." Henry said, he looked upset. "How many companies?" I asked "Twelve, we can continue to send more once we are married." Tomas said "I need to think about this." I said "Of course, take your time." Tomas said, he kissed my cheek then walked out. I went out to the lake. I need to clear my head. Francis told me he won't allow himself to have feelings for me, and if I don't stay in France for him then there is nothing to stay for. "Mary." Francis said, I turned around and he was walking towards me. "Wha-" I was cut off by him kissing me. Our bodies held close together and lips touching. "You should marry Tomas, he will give Scotland what it needs." He said, he turned around and walked back towards the castle. What am I going to do?