13

Mary's Point of View
I woke up with Francis' head on my shoulder. He was holding me close and our breathing was in sync. Last night was perfect. We spoiled each other with affection and we had such deep conversations. We decided to see what happens between us and be with each other. But we didn't talk about how that would happen. I'm engaged to Tomas. I need to figure out how to end my engaged to Tomas and still get Portugal's troops. Francis moves his head up and his lips were pressed against my next. I love the feeling of his lips. We didn't kiss in a sexual way, obviously we both enjoyed but we kissed in more of a making up for lost time and exploring our feelings for each other. He made me feel so safe and happy, I feel like when I lay in his arms nothing bad can happen to me. My happy thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. "Mary let in." Tomas shouted. "Coming!" I shouted. I quickly shook Francis. "Wake up!" I said "What's going on love?" He wipes his eyes. "Tomas is here, go hide in my bathroom." I said "Oh shit." He said, he scrambled out of bed with only boxers on. If I wasn't panicking right now I would be staring. He went into the bathroom and closed the door. "Mary! Open up now!" Tomas shouted, I ran over to the door and opened it up. "Hello Tomas." I smiled "Is Francis is here?" He asked "No, why would you think that?" I asked "A source told me you he saw Francis entering your chambers last night and he never left." He said, he then slapped my across the face. "Is this true?" He asked "No, he tried to enter my chambers but I told him you are my fiancé not him." I said, he wrapped his hand around my neck. "That better be true or you know there will be consequences." He said "It is." I said trying to catch my breath. He let go and I began coughing to catch my breath. I pray to good Francis stays in the bathroom. "Come to my room tomorrow night, after the feast." He said "Yes Tomas." I said "What did I tell you to call me." He raised his hand indicating he was going to hit me. "Yes my lord." I said "Good girl." He said, he kissed me. "Clean your self up." He said walking out. Asshole. I ran over and closed my door. "You can come out now." I said "What the hell did he do to you?" Francis asked rushing over to me. "I'm fine don't worry about it." I said "No I will worry about it you're my-" He stopped walking "Your what?" I asked "My special person." He smiled "A special friend?" I asked "No, more than a friend." He smiled "You're my special person too." I smiled "Let me clean you up." He smiled. He went into the bathroom and came out with a wet rag. He wiped the blood off my mouth. He kissed the corner of my mouth where the mark was. I smiled, he's sweet. He smiled then pecked my lips, he kissed my bruised neck. He stopped. "What's wrong?" I asked "I can't do this, I can't see him hurting you like this." He said "Francis there is nothing we can do about it." I said, he laid his head on my shoulder and sighed. "He's a piece of shit, I'll kill him." He said "No you will not kill him." I said "Mary he is a bad man." He said "He is a bad man, yes. But not every bad person deserves to die." I said "Mary he hurt you, that's enough for me." He said "Francis." I said "What?" He asked "I need to go to England." I said "What the hell? Do you have a death wish?" He asked "Elizabeth is Queen now, they say she is reasonable about peace with Scotland. I can't put my people through more war." I said "Mary Scotland can win against England in war." He said "I will not let thousands of people die in war if Elizabeth and I can work this out." I said "I'll lead the armies." He said "No you will not, I will not allow you to go die." I said "I'm not going to die, I'm fit and strong. I'll be fin." He said "Francis, if I can work this out with England then I won't need Tomas." I said "You're right." He said "I'll be back before you know it." I said "What if Tomas doesn't allow you." He said "He's not going to find out. I'll ride with Elliot and a company of men. I don't have time to take a carriage." I said "I don't want to lose you." He said "You won't." I said, I kissed him. "Nothing is certain yet, I still have to talk to Elliot and plan this. I promise I won't put myself in danger." I smiled "What about when you go to Tomas' chamber tomorrow?" He asked "I won't have sex with him." I said "He can have you do other things." He said "I won't do those either, he won't be happy but he will understand I can't risk my reputation." I said "I hope you're right." He said "Me too." I said. "Now come here and lay down so we can take our mind off this." He smiled, he held my hand and led me towards the bed. He's right, this is a difficult conversation and we need to be happy with each other. I laid down and he  laid next to me. I moved my finger and traced his abs with it. He smiled and put his hand lower on my lips. "Just kissing, right?" I asked "Yes, only kissing. We're gonna take things as slow as you want." He said "Thank you." I said "Don't thank me, I would never pressure you into anything." He said rubbing up and down my arm. I got on top of him then kissed him, I wrapped my legs around him and he put is hands on my ass. "Is that okay?" He asked pulling away from our kisses. "Yes, yes that's fine." I said kissing him. He flipped me on my back and got on top of me, he stared into my eyes. He is so handsome. "You're so fucking beautiful Mary." He smiled "Thank you." I smiled, he returned the smile and kissed me. He put his hands under me and pulled me in closer. I love his hands on me. "I know we are just kissing but if you want me to stop, please just tell me and we can just lay and read a book or just cuddle or I can leave. Whatever it is, just tell me if you want to stop." He said "You're sweet, I'm better than okay right now. But if I do want to stop I'll tell you." I said then kissed his forehead, he smiled and kissed me.