Chapter 25

THEA

"Mama, where are we going?"

"We are going to meet my bestfriend, honey."

"Who's your bestfriend, Mama?"

"You will see, honey."

My mother, father, and I were on our way to meet mum's bestfriend, as she said. I sat on the back of the car, holding my pink furby's doll. I had no idea why we were meeting mum's bestfriend, I didn't really like meeting new people. They scared me sometimes.

I looked out the window as the car moved, watching the tress past by. I loved being in the car because then I could see trees, another cars, and houses passed by.

"We are here!" My mother announced. She got off the car and opened the passenger door to unbuckle my seat-belt. "Come on, honey."

I brought my furby with me as my other hand held my mum's hand. We walked to the front door then I saw a man and a woman stood by the door with genuine smiles on their faces. They looked friendly.

"Mathea!" The woman cheered as she pulled my mum into hug. "I've missed you so much."

My mother hugged her too. "I know, I have missed you too, Elisa."

So her name was Elisa then.

My father on the other hand, did this man hug with the man beside Elisa. I heard him calling the man Michael. I watched my parents as they looked happy to meet these people.

Suddenly, Elisa looked down at me and gave me a warm smile. "You must be Althea."

I nodded shyly. "Hello."

"She has grown into a beautiful little girl, Mathea." she told my mum which made me smiled, she told me I was beautiful. "Ah where is my manner, come in, guys."

Elisa let us in and lead our way to the living room. I took a seat beside my mum and hugged my furby. I watched as mum talked to Elisa, and dad talked to Michael.

"Arthur, come here." Elisa called someone. Then a boy around my age, or maybe older, walked in with a foot ball in his hand. "Come meet my bestfriend. This is Mathea, this is Alfred, and this girl is Althea."

The boy nodded at my parents. "Hello, I'm Arthur."

"Arthur, why don't you ask Althea to play with you upstairs while I'm talking to my friends?" Elisa asked, brushing her hand on Arthur's hair.

My eyes widen and I immediately looked at my mother for support. I didn't want to play with him. I didn't want to talk to him at all. I barely knew him and I didn't trust him.

"Yes, honey, why don't you go with Arthur. That way you can get to know him, yeah?" My mum was no help this time.

I couldn't say no to my mother because I loved her a lot, so I just nodded and followed the boy as he lead me upstairs. He opened the door and we walked into his room. 

I took a good look at his room. It was as big as mine in my house. He had a lot of pikachu stuff on his study desk.

He let the door opened then put his foot ball on the floor. I sat on the chair, looking around but him.

"So, do you want to play something?" He asked as he sat on the bed, facing me.

I shook my head in response, looking down at my feet. Somehow they looked interesting.