Bonus Chapter (3)

THEA

I smiled as I walked into the cafe where I would be meeting my bestfriends, Celine and Tony. The thought of finally meeting them again was really exciting me. I hadn't met them for nearly 2 years ever since they moved to NYC. We facetimed every once in a while but it wasn't the same with meeting them in person.

Arthur surprised me this morning by saying he had talked to Tony and Celine the other day that they were in town for a few days. He noticed I had been weary being in the house all day so he suggested I should go out and spend the day with my bestfriends. And he would take care of the kids while I was away.

I spotted the two of them and my smile turned into a huge grin. They hadn't changed much. Celine cut her beautiful blonde long hair short, Tony had grown a beard. It was definitely a new look on him, I had never seen him having beard.

Celine was the first to notice me, she beamed as she pulled me into hug. "Thea! I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too, Celine." I pulled away and hugged Tony next to her. "Missed you too, Tony. You grew a beard."

He chuckled. "Yeah, wanted to try a new look."

"That suits you, really."

We all sat down and ordered lunch. After the waiter left to take our orders, we were lost in a conversation.

"So, how's life in NYC?"

Celine and Tony had been dating for nearly 3 years. It still didn't sit right with me how they found love after so many years of being bestfriends, not to mention the years of gap of losing contact to each others but I was glad that they found love.

Tony had proposed to Celine a few months ago, though they haven't decided when they were going to get married.

"Seriously, I still can't believe that you two are together now. It's just.." I trailed.

"Unexpected?" Celine asked.

"Crazy?" Tony asked.

I chuckled. "Unexpectedly crazy, yeah that's the words. I'd have never thought that you two would find love."

Not when Celine was in a serious relationship with Harry, her ex-boyfriend, for 6 years. And definitely not when Tony told me he was engaged once. But here they were, fate brought them together.

"I don't either, but it happened." Celine smiled as she looked at her fiancé. "I guess a part of me trusts him with my heart."

Tony growled. "A part of you? Woman, you're gonna marry me sooner or later. You should've trusted me 99%."

I hid my grin. "Why the 1%?"

"That 1% should probably watch out for when I do crazy things, like.. super crazy," he gave us a knowing look. "Remember when I told you I would pet a grizzly bear when I see one next time? Yeah, I'm looking forward to it."

Celine and I burst into laugh. In all seriousness, Tony was crazy enough to do crazy things. The man has no fear but dragonfly. One time, a dragonfly landed on his nose, he freaked out and knocked over a library's antique vase. After the whole mess, he claimed he was just surprised that something landed on his nose, but it turned out he looked into the dragonfly's terrifying eyes from up close. He had hated dragonflies ever since.