46: Baby names

Author's note
Hello everyone!
I owe you an apology for being MIA. To be honest with you, the past few weeks had been crazy in the hospital so I couldn't really find a time to write this story. Alas, I have been resting for a few days now and managed finish this chapter.
I'm very sorry for making you all wait (again). As my apology, I will be posting 2 chapters today. Hope you guys like it!

AUTHOR'S P.O.V

During the first trimester of Thea's pregnancy had been hard, not only for her but for Arthur too. Countless of morning sickness and nausea, cramp on her stomach, and mood swings. Thea could easily get sick whenever she smells something strong, mostly the smell of spices, fresh seafood, and eggs. She can no longer eat anything that contains eggs because it causes her nausea.

Ever since she announced their pregnancy, Arthur has become so protective over her, that included of her not going to work, much to her dismay. He didn't want her to get too tired and stressed from working, hence why he talked to Matthew about it, asking if Thea could work from home instead. Matthew agreed though.

The first few weeks after they discovered their pregnancy, Thea barely had sleep at night as she constantly woke up in the middle of the night to throw up. Her nausea was getting worse at night. She would cry after throwing up, and Arthur would console her until she got back to sleep. It was tough for the both of them, so after she passed the first trimester and the nausea started to decrease, they felt relief.

"Why can't I go to work?" Thea asked as she watched his husband getting dressed from the bed. "I'm capable to do things"

"Because, darling, you are pregnant" he said as the matter of fact. "And please, no more questions. My answer is still the same"

It was the third time that she asked why she can't go to work, Arthur was getting tired to explain to her that she can't get too tired from working, especially during her first trimester.

"Exactly, I'm pregnant, not dying" she fought stubbornly.

Arthur let out a sigh as he proceed to stand in front of her. "Thea, baby, it's not that I don't want you to work but you heard it yourself that the doctor specifically told you to avoid heavy activities, especially during your first trimester. It's for your own health"

Arthur understood that his wife was getting bored being at home most of the time every since she took a break from working. He knew how boring it can be in the house all day. It's their first pregnancy, he didn't want to risk it at all. He wants what is the best for her.

"But I'm getting bored at home, all I do is being in bed, watch TV, and stuff," she sighed exasperatedly. "And you're not even here with me so I'm mostly alone"

"I know, darling, and I'm sorry for that. I will work from home tomorrow, okay?"

She looked at him. "You promise?"

"Promise. Also I will take you out this weekend"

Hearing that instantly made her smiled. "Yeah? Where are you taking me?"

"It's a surprise," he winked at her. "I should get going now, I promise I'll try to get home early"

"Okay, bye for now"