45: Surprise

AUTHOR'S P.O.V

"Thea, are you alright?" Bella asked her with a hint of worry.

"I'm okay, Bella"

Thea didn't feel so good since earlier this morning. Not only that she woke up with dizziness, her stomach felt funny too. She might look a bit paler than usual, hence why Bella got worried for her friend.

"You should go home and take some rest, Thea. I'm sure Boss won't mind" Grey said this time, leaning against the wall behind them.

Thea shook her head. "No, I'm alright. I can do this"

She took a deep breath and tried to focus on work. Her phone vibrated to a text from Matthew, saying that he wanted to talk to her. She replied to his text then went to his office room. Matthew was writing something on the notebook when she walked in, he stopped as soon as he saw her.

"Hey, I'd like to talk about- Thea, are you okay?" Matthew couldn't finish his sentence as he saw his sister in law looked a little paler.

"Matt, I'm fine," she sighed and took a seat in front of him. "I just got a lil dizzy that's all"

"Are you sure? You don't look so fine"

"I'm perfectly fine, what do you want to talk about?"

He wanted to protest but seeing that she was stubborn about it, he let go.

"Okay, I want you to look through these files and," he continued, explaining to her what to do.

Thea forced herself to stay focus on him, but her head said otherwise. She blinked a few times as her vision started to get blur. She took a deep breath and told herself to stay still.

Not even 5 minutes later, she felt a lump on her throat. Immediately, she ran to the toilet and threw up. Matthew followed her behind and helped her holding her hair back as she threw up. He was worried, for sure, but chose to stay quiet until she's done. When she did, he gave her a spare toothbrush for her to use.

"What the hell did you eat yesterday, Thea?"

Spitting out the used toothpaste, she cleaned up her mouth. "I'm not sure, probably the oysters Arthur ordered last night. It tasted disgusting"

"Do you want to go the hospital?"

She shook her head instantly. "No need to, I feel better now"

She was wrong though. She felt another lump and ran back to the toilet. She cursed at herself as her stomach hurt. She swore to never eat oysters again.

"That's it, I'm taking you to the hospital" she heard him behind her. She wanted to protest but Matthew cut her off. "Just to make sure you don't get food poisoning"

She sighed in protest but he was right, she needed to make sure she didn't get food poisoning. After cleaning up herself, they left the office to the hospital, using Matthew's car. Thea was quiet the whole time, her mouth tasted bitter, though she felt much better after vomiting.

After registered her name and waited for the next 40 minutes, her name was finally being called. She walked into the room whilst Matthew stayed outside to give herself some privacy. The doctor began asking her question after question, and Thea answered all of them truthfully. Then the next question got her attention.

"When was the last time you had your period?"

She tried to remember the last time she got her period. It had been a while since she last had her period. And it hit her. She was 2 weeks late.