Chapter 6

ARTHUR

Sleep had never felt this good before, especially that my pillow felt so comfortable. I pulled the pillow closer to my chest, inhaling a vanilla scent from it. I didn't remember my pillow smelt like vanilla but I didn't complain, it certainly made my sleep better.

I gripped the pillow tighter and it made a whimper sound.

Wait a damn minute..

I opened my eyes and the first thing I realized was that the pillow was not a pillow, it was actually a human. And the human was none other than Thea, my wife. I was snuggling her the whole night, and it felt so good. My arms were securely wrapped around her, like it was the natural thing to do. I wanted to pull my hands away but she was peacefully sleeping and I didn't want to wake her and startle her, so I stayed still.

I took a look on her features from this close. Thea had always been beautiful, from the first moment I laid my eyes on her. Her electric blue eyes had always managed to capture me, the freckles around her nose that made her look like her, her dark brown hair I desperately wanted to wrap my fist around, and those soft lips I had been dying to taste again.

The past 3 days of our trip cracked something in me. I no longer wanted to despise her, I no longer wanted to hurt her for betraying me. During this trip, I had actually learnt about her more. She did a great job of being my 'wife'. She took care of me, she cared for me, something I didn't realize until now. She may be fiery sometimes when we argue, but she was also a forgiving person. She never let her anger lingered for long. She got mad but then would warm up after a while.

It was then I realized how badly I had treated her the past 6 months, how unfair to her that I had treated her badly like it was all her fault that we were stuck in this situation. She had been nothing but kind to me, and I took it for granted. She deserved to be happy and I would be damned if I let her being miserable for the rest of our marriage.

I had felt something towards her. It used to be a physical attraction, but now it was something more than that. It was the need to keep her safe, to make her happy, to show her that she was not alone. It was not love, obviously, but I started to like her.

I tucked a strand of hair that fell on her nose, her eyelids moved a bit from the tingling and she suddenly stirred and moved her hand. Down. To my cock.

I tensed at the sudden touch. She was still sleeping, she was not aware at her hand placement. I cursed under my breath. Her hand felt good on my cock, even though my trouser was the barrier between our skins. And I was aware that my cock grew harder at the touch.

Fuck. It had been a while since I last fucked my hand, my cock desperately needed a release.

She stirred again and before I knew it, her eyes fluttered opened. Those blue eyes looked at me, then widen at the realization.

She abruptly sat up and gasped as she saw her hand placement, and the bulge in my trousers making a tent.

"I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to touch your-your.. your genital organ." she looked anywhere but me.

I couldn't help but chuckled. "It's called a cock. Why are you looking at the blank screen TV?"

"I'm mortified, okay? I can't look at you! I just touched your penis, and.. and.. why is it hard?!" she gasped a horror. "Please, don't tell me you're aroused because of me."

She had no idea, but I wouldn't admit that to her. Ever.

"It's called morning wood, darling. Every guy gets it. Don't read into anything more." I got out of the bed, stretching my back.