40: Sort things out

AUTHOR'S P.O.V

It took him everything not to break the door of Thea's old bedroom. He couldn't stop blaming himself with what just happened. He couldn't stop blaming himself that he had upset his wife.

Arthur stayed outside the room for the next couple of hours, checking on her. His heart broke each time he heard her soft sobs by the door. He wished he could undo what he just said to her. He tends to say harsh things when he is angry, he had to admit he has anger issues from a long time ago.

He fell asleep on the sofa outside the room, waiting for her, just in case she came out. When he woke up the next morning, he had found the door was unlocked but Thea was nowhere to be seen.

"Thea has left for work an hour ago, Sir" Jane said as he asked her if she saw Thea.

Jane heard the arguments last night, not all of it. She heard when Thea told Arthur that she was going to sleep in her old bedroom. Jane knew the couple must had an argument, and Arthur was the caused of it. She also had noticed how upset Thea for the last few days.

When she saw that Thea was ready to go to work, 2 hours earlier than usual, she knew that Thea wanted to avoid Arthur. Jane loves Thea like her own daughter, so seeing her upset upsets her too.

Arthur let out a defeated sigh as Thea had left for work, means that he would wait until she came back home to talk to her. He knew that she was avoiding her, or else why would she leave for work 2 hours earlier.

THEA'S P.O.V

I was trying to focus on work but my mind was preoccupied with last night's event. I couldn't seem to push the thought out of my head, no matter how hard I was trying. I was no longer upset, just disappointed.

I had to woke up extra earlier to get ready and go to work a bit earlier just so I can avoid Arthur in the morning. I was not ready to meet him yet, I still need time to think about it. It was clear by what he told me last night that he didn't want me to take a part of Josh. Apparently it has nothing to do with me. I should have known that.

Arthur has been trying to call me a few times but I chose to ignore the calls. I don't want to talk about the issues on the phone. He also has been sending me text messages when I didn't answer his calls.

Truth to be told, I really think we both need to sit down and talk about our problems

Truth to be told, I really think we both need to sit down and talk about our problems. I don't like arguing with people, especially with my husband. Yes, he hurt me but we both haven't discussed about the whole thing. Maybe we will have that talk later tonight. Right now, I just want to focus on work.

I couldn't though. For the past few hours, Arthur was still trying to call me. Both Bella and Grey looked at me in question as to why I didn't pick up his calls. Getting enough of this, I picked up my phone and answered his call.