Chapter 5

THEA

Santorini was breath-taking.

I was a bit tired after the flight, mostly from being nervous of flying. Arthur had helped me to stay calm as he never let go off my hand the whole flight. It was really nice of him to do that, which was quite surprising. The man didn't talk much on the flight but he'd rub my hand with his thumb whenever there was a turbulence.

Otherwise, I was happy to be here and couldn't wait to explore the whole city.

Being in Greece reminded me of my nationality, I was actually a Half-Greek. My mother was Greek, married my father who was British. I hadn't been to Greece before, I was born and raised mainly in England. You could tell by my first name which was Althea, means 'one who heals', in Greek. Also I was named after my parents' names, Alfred and Mathea, combined as Althea. I loved the idea of my name.

The driver dropped us to our hotel which was located just in front of the Aegean Sea, so the view was incredibly beautiful.

Once we reached the hotel, we were separated into 2 rooms just beside each others. Arthur and I dragged our luggage into our room. It was big enough for the two of us. The room was painted in plain white. In the middle of the room was a king size bed with a plasma TV that hung on the wall. There was also a big sofa, bedside table, a wardrobe, and a study desk near the window.

I also just found out that we had a secret tunnel that lead us to a private pool with the most beautiful view ever. I couldn't help but being so happy and excited.

The only tiny problem with this room was that it only had one bed. Both Arthur and I looked at the king size bed and glanced at each others, there was way in hell we would share the bed.

"Take the bed, I'll take the sofa." Arthur said before I could start.

"You sure? That sofa doesn't look so comfortable."

And Arthur was tall. His feet would hang down when he sleeps.

"I didn't have much choice, did I?"

I shrugged. "Whatever you decide. Don't say I didn't warn you."

He didn't say anything as he plopped himself on the sofa, he let out a sigh as he closed his eyes. I knew by the look of him, that sofa wasn't so comfortable. But it was what he wanted.

I took this opportunity to use the bathroom to refreshen. I removed my make up and changed my cloths into my night attire. When I left the bathroom, Arthur was nowhere to be seen. I looked for him and found him in the balcony, looking at the already dark sky. He seemed in a deep thought, not wanting to disturb him, I crawled on the bed and made myself comfortable. I was super tired today after the flight and we just called it a day so I chose this time to sleep earlier and got ready for tomorrow.

*

"Ah this is so nice," Elisa sighed in relief as she laid down on the sand, facing the sun. "It's been a while since I last had a trip, working in a hospital can be very exhausting."

We were currently at the beach near our hotel, it was the best time to let our skin get all the heat and vitamin from the sun. The weather was super warm and nice. A perfect time to sunbath.

I laid down beside Arthur, resting my head on his muscular bicep. I glanced at Elisa on the corner of my eye that she looked at us smiling. For once I felt bad that Arthur and I had to act civil in front of her. She looked genuinely happy to see us like we were in love.

I didn't know how long we could keep this facade before my in laws found out that we had been lying to them for months. I couldn't imagine how hurt they felt when they found out. I didn't know how we would continue this any longer.