47: Josh

AUTHOR'S P.O.V

Arthur felt like his life is complete when he heard Thea's and Josh's laughs roared around the house. After asking Jessy if he could take Josh to his house to spend the day with Thea, he picked him up the next day and both Thea and Josh had spent the day together while Arthur was working in his room. He was grateful that both of them got along very well.

Josh was excited when his father took him to meet Thea. It has been a while since he last met her, and he surely had missed Thea as much as she missed him. The moment he finally saw Thea again, he ran and gave her a big hug.

Thea felt delightful to have spent the day with Josh. She couldn't stop smiling, enjoying to play with Josh with his toys, or just messing around to kill the time. Josh has had so much laugh today for spending the time with Thea. He grew to like her even more.

"Aunt Thea, here" Josh said, handing her a car miniature.

She took it from his hand. "Oh is this for me?"

Josh smiled and nodded his head. "For you!"

"Aww thank you, Josh. That's so sweet of you!"

Suddenly she felt a sharp pain on her stomach, she instantly brought her hand to her stomach and she winced in pain.

"Aunt Thea, are you okay?" Josh asked as he saw her wincing in pain. He felt familiar with her expression, as he often saw his mother wincing in pain too at home. So when he saw her in pain, he knew something went wrong.

Thea let out a deep breath and ran her hand in circle around her stomach. "I'm okay, baby. Your little brother or sister wants to say Hi to you"

Instantly Josh looked at her stomach and frowned as to why his sibling is in Thea's stomach. "You eat little brother?"

That made her laughed. "No, baby. But he or she is sleeping inside my stomach until they are ready to come to this world"

He just stared at her stomach. "Little brother is sleeping there?"

"Yes, baby"

Then he did something which surprised Thea. He brought both of his hands and gently rested them on her stomach.

"Hello little brother" he said as if he could see the baby.

Thea was overwhelmed with his action. She would have never thought that Josh would do this, especially that he is only 3. She could already tell that Josh already loves his little brother/sister. She shed a tear as she looked at the view, partly because of her hormone that started kicking. She could get a bit touchy in every situations.

Arthur finished his work and headed downstairs to meet his little family, then he witnessed something that warms his heart. He saw Josh putting both of his hands on his wife's stomach, and saying hello to his little brother. He felt proud of his son, happy and grateful that his son is being gentle to her. He could already picture Josh being a protective big brother to the baby.

Thea saw Arthur on the corner, then motioned for him to come closer. Arthur approached them and went to sit beside them.

"What are you doing, buddy?" He asked Josh as he took one of his toys.

"I'm talking to little brother" Josh said, pointing to Thea's stomach. "Ssshh, little brother is sleeping"

Both Thea and Arthur smiled at how adorable Josh is, when he gently rubbed her stomach with his little hand. Both of them let Josh to have his moment. But not long after that, another sharp pain hit Thea in the stomach, making her winced in pain again. Arthur instantly put his hand on her back.