Chapter 11

THEA

When I woke up, I was freezing to death. I tried to sit up but instantly got dizzy from the movement, I fell and hit my head on the headboard. I winced in pain as the effect of it made the headache got worse. I brought my hand to my forehead only to realize that I just got a fever.

I sighed in annoyance and closed my eyes. There was no way I could manage to go to work, not when I saw double and this headache killed me. I couldn't stay focused on work when I was ill, I was not going to risk it.

I reached for my phone and texted Matthew, telling him that I called in sick today. He replied to my text and wished me a speedy recovery. I put my phone on the nightstand then pulled up the blanket and curled up in bed, shivering a bit. I closed my eyes and tried to get into another sleep, hoping I would get better in a few hours.

Before I could fall asleep, someone knocked on the door, my eyes opened instantly.

"Thea?" it was Arthur.

"Yeah?" I called out.

The door opened and Arthur's head popped in. He furrowed his eyebrows, seeing I was still in bed at this hour. He walked into the room and closed the door behind him. I took a look on his appearances, he was already dressed in his suit. He probably wondered why I didn't show up for breakfast with him like I always did.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he approached me with his hands in his pockets.

I nodded. "I'm fine, just catch some cold, nothing to worry about."

He frowned then he brought his hand to my forehead. Suddenly, I felt a surge of electric when his skin touched mine. "Shit, Thea, you are boiling."

I didn't say anything as I watched his worry face. He left my room without a word. I closed my eyes as my head began pounding. Not even a minute later, the door opened again and I felt Arthur stood next to the bed.

"Take this. It's a Paracetamol." Arthur handed me a glass of a water and a pill in his hand.

I tried to sit up but it got me so dizzy, I fell back on the pillow. "I can't. I get so dizzy."

He sighed then placed the glass of water and the pill on the nightstand. "Come on, I'll help you."

He hooked a hand around my back, bringing me up slowly. I lingered my hand around his neck for a support. He put a pillow behind me and I rested.

"Open your mouth," I did as I was told, he put the pill into my mouth and brought the glass of water to my lips. I drank and swallowed the pill. "There you go."

"Thank you." I sighed and closed my eyes, hoping the headache would go away soon.

I didn't know how long I had closed my eyes, I assumed Arthur had left to work because I didn't hear him. But when I opened my eyes, he was still here, looking at me.

"Why are you still here? Do you not have work?" I asked in a low voice.

He blinked. "Yeah I'll leave soon. Are you okay though? Do you need anything before I go?"

I shook my head. "No, thank you. I'll just go to sleep and see if I'll get better."

"You will tell me if you need something?"

"I will."

"Good." He tucked me to bed. I pulled up the blanket and made myself comfortable. "Sleep well."

I smiled. "Thanks, Arthur."

He nodded then slowly left my room, not before glancing at me once again and closed the door.