52: Pain

THEA'S P.O.V

"When is our next appointment?" Arthur asked as we snuggled in bed on Sunday morning.

I was woken up with his morning glory poking my butt, giving another reason for him to have a morning sex. Apparently he confessed that he loves this new 'side' of me where I was being 'abruptly' hot- according to him. He was referring to that time I teased him after the baby room make-over. I admit I was painfully frustrated to have sex with him that day, and maybe I was being straight-forward and showed him another side of me that he had never seen before.

Well, you can't blame me from wanting my husband. And it was partly the pregnancy hormone that makes me horny all the time, there I blame the hormone again.

"Next Tuesday. Your mum has been texting me about it, apparently she couldn't wait to see her 3D grandchild on the screen again"

That made him laugh. "I can already picture her grinning while looking at the screen"

"You noticed that too?" I laughed, remembering the time my mother in law had this grin on her face the last time we did an ultrasound. "I think she's more excited about the baby"

"Yeah, it's nice to see my mum happy for us"

"Oh she is happy for herself too"

I rolled over to see the time. It was only 7 in the morning, still early for us to get up so we stayed in bed, holding each other arms. Arthur's other hand was rubbing my baby bump gently, the thing he does in the morning. Sometimes I still can't believe that I'm carrying his child. Our child.

"What are you thinking about?"

Looking up at him, he already had his eyes on me. His face was just a few inch closer to mine. "I'm just so happy, on clouds even. I never thought I would be in this stage, pregnant with the love of my life's baby"

He smiled and kissed my nose. "I love you, Althea Williams. You have no idea how happy I am to have you as my wife. Everynight I thank God for giving you to me, hell I'm not even so religious but I pray to Him to bless me with the chance to spend my lifetime with you"

I was overwhelmed with what Arthur just said. He never fails to make me happy and feel blessed, feel lucky to have him. He knows how to win my heart.

"You really do that? Everynight?"

He nodded. "Everynight. From the day I realized that I was falling in love with you"

I didn't know what I did to deserve him. I'm so blessed, so grateful, for everything in my life. "Wow, that's so.. sweet of you. Thank you, for being the best husband. I love you so much"

"Thank you, for loving me"

We spent the next few hours, tangled up in bed, just staring at each others and talking. That until Arthur hovered over me and we were back to consuming each others. Even though I was quite heavily pregnant, Arthur was being gentle and careful with me. Too gentle, if I may add.

Arthur never directly told me this but I think he found it fascinating to make love to me while I was pregnant. Either because my libido gets high during this trimester, or because my breasts had gotten swollen/bigger. Either way, I have no problem with that.

"I think we should get up," I announced once I caught my breath. Arthur collapsed on me, burying his face on the crook of my neck. He was still inside me. "I'm starving"

He was quiet for a moment, then slowly pulled out of me and kissed me. "Let's go clean up first"

•••