27: The truth (Part 2)

THEA'S P.O.V

I'm feeling stuff.

All this time I had no idea that I have a twin sister. I can't believe my parents had a heart to put their daughter into an orphanage. My twin sister was only a baby, she deserved to feel the love and affection from her parents.

The news had hit me so hard, I'm not sure if I really knew my parents.

"Thea?" The person beside me woke me up from my thoughts. "Are you okay? You've been so quiet"

Not trusting my voice, I just nodded in response. I didn't even look at him, I didn't feel like it.

Last night after I left my in laws' house, I didn't see Arthur in our house so I went straight to bed and wished to forget everything that had happened yesterday.

"Is something bothering you?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm fine. Just.. something about work"

I was not ready to tell Arthur about my twin sister, at least not now. I have to meet my twin sister first, I want to see her.

"You'll be okay, Thea," Arthur said as he stopped the car at my office lobby. "Whatever happens at work, you will be okay" he added as he saw my confused face.

I let out a sigh, I feel bad that I have been ignoring him since I woke up. All he did was to make me feel better.

"I'm sorry for being quiet this morning, something happened and I have to figure this out"

He looked into my eyes whilst tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "It's okay, you can tell me when you are ready. I'm not going anywhere"

I smiled at him, feeling glad that he understood me. "Thank you"

"I'll see you at home," he leaned in and kissed my lips. I kissed him back then got out of the car and watched as he drove away.

Looking at the office, I was thinking to talk to Matthew about this. And hopefully I can meet my sister.

I dropped my bag to my chair then headed to Matthew's office room. Patricia was on her desk, typing something in her laptop.

"Hey, Pat, is boss in his room?"

"Thea, hey. Yes, he just arrived around 10 minutes ago, why? Do you need to see him?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, I need to discuss something.. about the project"

"Okay, go ahead. He should be in his room"

"Thanks, Pat"

I walked past her and knocked on Matthew's office room. Opening the door, I saw him sitting on his chair.

"Hey, boss" I greeted him whilst closing the door behind me.

"Hey, Thea. Come in," he nodded at me, I smiled and took a seat on the chair in front of him. "Do you need anything?"

"Yes, erm.. actually, I need to ask you something"

"Okay, I'm listening"

I was fidgeting my fingers, suddenly feeling anxious about it. "I know it sounds weird but, erm.. is Olivia Heidi your wife?"

He looked surprised but confused at the same time. "How do you know her name?"

"So it's true," I said, more to myself. "Is she in the house? Can I meet her?"

Now he looked even more confused with my questions, even I would be if I were him. "Why do you want to meet her, Thea?"

"I just.. I just discovered something. And I want to prove it by seeing her," I said truthfully. "Please, can I possibly meet her?"