31: The moment

Author's note
Hello everyone!
So I've been reading a lot of your comments asking why Thea is just a high school graduate so I will explain to you the reason why in this chapter. Enjoy x

THEA'S P.O.V

"Come on, hurry up!" I said impatiently, waiting for Arthur to get ready.

"Calm down, I'll be ready in 5 minutes" my husband said while brushing his hair.

"You said that 20 minutes ago," I scoffed, tapping the bedroom wall.

I was ready for ages, ready to start the day and explore the city. I woke up way earlier than I supposed to, but I couldn't sleep when I'm excited that's why.

"Alright, I'm done. Where do you want to go first?"

I grinned at my husband. "To the iconic Eiffel Tower!"

Our hotel was near from the Eiffel Tower so we decided to walk to go there. It was snowing lightly but was not too cold that I imagined it would be. Arthur wrapped his arm around me as we walked, listening to me talking nonsense. He would sometimes laugh or shook his head whenever I say something ridiculous.

Sometimes I like to ramble when I'm excited. So sometimes feeling a little bit too excited scares me. If that makes sense.

I gasped as I saw the closest look of Eiffel Tower in front of me. I would have never imagine going here with the man I love. It feels like a dream.

I admired the views in front of me. The tower was.. huge and so high. I feel so little being under the tower.

"I can't believe I'm here," I muttered, more to myself. But apparently I said it a bit too loud because Arthur could hear me.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Arthur asked, which earning a nod from me. "Do wanna go up there?"

I looked at him then up to the tower. "Wait, we can go up to the tower?"

"Of course. You can take the stairs or use the lift to the first or the second level"

"Well I want to try, can we take the stairs?"

"Sure, come on then"

Luckily we got here early because the queue was not that long. We took the stairs to the first level while admiring the beautiful views from up here. As I looked down the city I couldn't help but feeling slightly scared of the high but I soon forgot about my fear as I watched the beautiful view in front of me.

Arthur stood behind me and wrapped his around me, resting his chin on the top of my head. I touched his hands which wrapped around my stomach, feeling slightly warmer with the heat of his body.

We didn't talk at all, we simply just stared out the city. The smile wouldn't leave my face ever.

"You know," Arthur decided to break the silence. "I made a bucket list to take the woman I love on the top of the Eiffel Tower"

I shifted to his side. "Really?"

"Yes, and I'm glad that I finally got the list happened today"

"You have never brought- erm, Jessy, here before?" I didn't want to mention her name but I was curious about it.

He was silent for a split second. "No. I didn't get the chance to as she- you know.."

I knew what he meant by that. He didn't get the chance to take her because she never made it to their wedding day. I feel bad for mentioning her name in front of him.