Chapter 25

Bentley never knew he could love someone so quickly. Seeing that gun pointed at her head confirmed his feelings. Every kiss, every look, every smile is flashing before his eyes right now. THIS ENDS NOW!

                       Bentley moves, it's almost like slow motion. BANG. The gun goes off and he feels it hit his shoulder, but it doesn't even phase him. He lifts the tire iron and as he gets closer to Joey, his eyes widen. Bentley hits him right in the fucking face. Joey goes right down, but Bentley can't seem to stop himself. He just keeps hitting him. Over and over and over. He can hear Harley's muffled screams, but he can't pull himself out of it. It's like a dream.

Harley: BENTLEY STOP!!!

                     Just then he feels a hand wrap around his wrist and an arm around his waist.

Officer Keith: ENOUGH!!!

                      The Officer has pulled Bentley away from Joey. He drops the tire iron. There is blood everywhere. Harley is splattered with it. He is splattered with it. Bentley is still enraged. He charges forward and kicks Joey a couple of times before the cop pulls him back again.

Bentley: Let ME GO! I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL HIM!

                    Joey is gurgling on his own blood and Harley's gut wrenching sob breaks the spell. Bentley looks over at her and his whole body softens before he drops to his knees. Tears streaming down his face.

Harley: Bentley.....

Harley: Bentley....you....saved...me...

Officer Jones: "Officer Keith, back up has arrived."

Officer Keith: Bentley, back up has arrived. Can I let you go now? I need to uncuff Harley.

                  Bentley just nods. He can't tear his eyes away from Harley's.

                                                                        *Officer Keith*

                  He slowly walks up the stairs when he hears a BANG! He goes at full speed now with his gun ready. He goes through the kitchen and sees a door open. Walking to the doorway and turning to look inside he sees Bentley with a tire iron and blood splattering everywhere. He is beating the guy to death! Without thinking, he puts his gun down and grabs Bentley's wrist with one hand and wraps his arm around his waist. Hauling him away. The dude is huge. Tall, muscular,  he weighs more than he looks. After a few seconds Officer Keith loosens his grip and Bentley charges back at the suspect. Kicking him several times before he can pull him away again.

Bentley: LET ME GO! I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL HIM!

               Damn Bentley is strong. It's taking everything to hold him back. Joey is gurgling. He's still alive. Barely. All of a sudden, Bentley's whole body softens and he drops to his knees taking me with him.

                                   Officer Jones is in my earpiece

Officer Jones: Officer Keith, back up has arrived.

Officer Keith: Bentley, back up has arrived. Can I let you go now? I need to uncuff Harley.

                   He just nods. He looks broken.

                   Officer Keith lets Bentley go and walks over to Harley and starts to undo the cuffs bounding her to the bed. She immediately jumps and gets on her knees in front of Bentley and just hugs him. Movement catches his eye and he sees Joey reaching for his gun as he coughs on blood. Officer Keith walks over and simply steps on Joey's hand. He pulls out his gun, cocks it, and points it at Joey.

Officer Keith: Don't move. Move and I'll shoot.

                Joey just looks up through his swollen eyes, and back up comes charging in.