Chatper 56

Closing my eyes, I don't bother lifting my head. Sobs are escaping now.

Harley: I love you Bentley....wake up please.....

Bentley: I love you too.

                                                    I jump up clutching my damn chest.

Harley: Jesus Christ! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?

                                                     Bentley chuckes and groans

Bentley: No baby girl....I just had to make sure you knew I loved you too.

                                                   The tears are spilling out of my eyes and I can't stop the stupid smile that spreads across my face before I stand and cup his face between my hands. I kiss him with everything I have, he kisses back wrapping one arm around me. You can taste my tears between our lips before the spell breaks.

                                                    I smack his arm.

Harley: You idiot, you almost got yourself killed by that asshole!

                                                    He laughs and wipes my tears.

Bentley: I'm okay. I won and it was worth it.

Harley: Don't you ever scare me like that again.

                                                    Then I'm crying again.

Bentley: Baby, come here.

                                                     I carefully climb in the bed and lay on the good side of his chest. He wraps his warm arms around me.

                                                                                                                       KNOCK KNOCK

                                                     Dr. Lillith walks in and smiles.

Dr. Lillith: Well, look who is awake! How are you feeling?

Bentley: Like I got hit by a knife.

                                                      I look up and glare at him.

Dr. Lillith: Well that you did. You got very lucky. Yuo lost a lot of blood, and we had to restart your heart, but other than that, the stabs missed all your major organs. I hope they catch that mugger.

                                                    Bentley's eyebrows furrow

Harley: Yes, me too. That MUGGER will get what he deserves.

Bentley: How long will I be in here?

Dr. Lillith: You should be able to go home tomorrow. You haven't had anymore blood loss and you've been stable this whole time. You just have to take it easy.

Bentley: How many times was I stabbed?

Dr. Lillith: Technically you had 4 wounds, but he may have stabbed each would 4 or 5 times. Let me chart your vitals and get out of the way.

                                                  The doctor writes the charts and quietly leaves. Before there is another knock at the door.