Chapter 28

*Peyton* 

                   Bentley and Harley are home. She looks so bad. Her face is bruised and swollen. She's filthy and bloody. OH MY GOD. Bentley took Harley into the bathroom to bathe her. Peyton figures she should call Tristan, just to let him know that Harley isn't missing anymore.
                  Peyton dials Tristan
                                                                     Ring.....Ring.....Ring

Tristan: Hello?

Peyton: It's Peyton. I just wanted to tell you that Bentley found Harley. She's injured but she's okay.

Tristan; Thank you for calling me....can we talk?

Peyton: No.

                Peyton hangs up and goes into the kitchen to make Harley and Bentley something to eat. A few minutes later, they both walk out wrapped in towels and head to Harley's bedroom.

Peyton: Hey, I'm making you and Bentley something to eat. Want me to bring it to the room?

                 Harley just nods and closes the bedroom door.

                                                                              *Bentley*

               I don't know what to do. She won't talk. She just sobs. She looks so hollow and empty. It's killing me inside. I don't know exactly what to say. Does she just want me to hold her? Does she just want me to listen? She drops her towel and my breath catches.....she is covered in bruises but I barely see them......she looks so beautiful. I just want to touch her.

                       Bentley looks at the floor, trying to decide what to do

                                                                                             *Harley*

                      He keeps staring at me. His eyes haunted and full of questions. I just want to stop feeling Joey's hands on me. I drop my towel and he inhales deeply. I look at him and his eyes are hooded and smokey. He just wants to touch me. I can see it in his face. I just want to feel beautiful......but right now all i feel is disgusting. I walk up and wrap my arms around him. Pulling him in for a hug. His arms tighten around me as he kisses the top of my head. I pull him over to the bed and we both get under the covers. I curl into his chest and sigh.

Bentley: Do you want to talk about it?

Harley: Maybe....

                                                                Knock.....Knock.....

Bentley: Come in.

Peyton: Hey, just bringing y'all some sandwiches and tea. I'll just put it on the nightstand. I'll see you in the morning Harley. I love you.

Harley: I love you too.

Bentley: Thanks Peyton.

                                                             Peyton shuts the door.

Bentley: Want to eat?

Harley: No....

Bentley: I want you to eat something. Sit up with me. Let's eat and talk.

                               They both sit up and lean against the headboard. Bentley grabs a sandwich and takes a bite, then makes you take one.

Bentley: I'm here to listen baby.

Harley: I know....I just don't know what to say about it. I feel ugly and disgusting right now. I never thought he would stoop  that low.

Bentley: You are not ugly. What he did to you doesn't make you any less beautiful, and it sure in hell doesn't make you disgusting.

                                Bentley makes me take another bite of sandwich before he bites it himself.

Harley: I love you Bentley. I loved you from that first moment I saw you sitting in your shop. The first time I saw you smile, I thought my world was unraveling at the seams. I never thought you could love a girl like me. I look at you, amd see a man so beautifully handsome that it makes my breath catch. Then there's me.

Bentley: What about you?

Harley: Look at me. Average looking. Fat. Damanged goods. Stretch marks. Nothing special.

                          Bentley puts the sandwich on the nightstand and faces me. Taking my face between his giant hands, he looks at me. 

Bentley: Look at me.

                            I look at him with my eyes overflowing with tears. I see tears in his own.

Bentley: I don't ever want to hear you talk that way about yourself ever again. Got it? The reason I was smiling that day in the shop was because I caught you looking at me. When I looked up and saw you, I knew I wanted you. Your soul looked right at me. Seeing me for myself.

                          I close my eyes and push the tears out. My breathing becoming ragged. When I open my eyes again, they are like fire. I capture Bentley's lips with my own. Giving this kiss everything I have. Every fear, every doubt, everything behind it. I want him to share my pain and take it away all at once. When we both pull back, we are breathless.