Chapter 36

Doctor Lillith: You're pregnant

                                              Everyone's mouths fall open as they all look over at Peyton.

Peyton: WHAT?!

Doctor Lillith: You are pregnant. We estimate around 6 weeks. Right now we have to get your blood pressure down enough to release you. High blood pressure during pregnancy is dangerous. You will be on a low dose aspirin, calcium, as well as a blood pressure medication.

Harley: Will she be on it forever?

Doctor Lillith: No. Usually blood pressure spikes like this are the pregnancy itself. The blood pressure usually goes back to normal not long after giving birth. You will need to see a high risk OB specialist, and you may end up on bedrest toward the end of your pregnancy.

                                               Peyton hasn't said a word. Harley looks over at her and grabs her hand.

Harley: I know this means the baby is Tristan's. What would you like to do? Do you think you want to keep the baby......or....not?

Peyton: I don't know. This is a lot to take in. I'm sure Ash over here is horrified.

                                              Peyton starts laughing hysterically. Clutching her stomach, she laughs until she can't breathe and tears stream down her face. Bentley just looks over at Harley, and she shrugs. Ash hasn't said anything but it looks like the gears are in overdrive. Peyton wipes her tears and sobers up.

Peyton: Sorry......sorry. I just never thought that I would end up pregnant by that asshole......Ash, this has been one hell of a first date. You can go if you want. No hard feelings. You definitely didn't sign up for this shit show.

Bentley: Uh..... Harley amd I are going to go grab a cup of coffee. We will see you in a bit. Come on babe.

Harley: Okay. Peyton, if you need anything, just call me.

                                          They walk out and Peyton looks at Ash and smirks.

Acheron (Ash): So this was an interesting turn of events...

Peyton: You could say that. Like I said. No hard feelings. It was so nice meeting you.

Acheron (Ash): You think I scare off that easily?

                                        Ash chuckles and gently grabs Peyton's hand.

Acheron (Ash): I know this was a lot to take in, but I still want to get to know you. I still like you Peyton.

Peyton: Come on Ash. You don't want to get tangled in this drama. I still have to tell Tristan.

Acheron (Ash): Ah......so you are going to go back to him.....

                                     Ash's face looks pained, even though he is trying to force a smile.

Peyton: NO. Absolutely fucking not. Doesn't matter if I keep the baby or not, I am not going back to him.

                                  Ash smiles and kisses Peyton's knuckles.

Acheron (Ash): Then I'll be here for as long as you let me. I want to know everything about you Peyton James.

                                 Ash leans forward and gives Peyton the softest and sweetest kiss. A kiss to make butterflies form, and her breath catch. He stops the kiss and leans his forehead against hers and just smiles.

Acheron (Ash): That was probably the best first kiss I have ever had.

                                  Peyton chuckles

Peyton: I can definitely agree with you on that one.

                                                                                                    *Harley and Bentley*

Bentley: Do you know what choice Peyton will lean towards?

Harley: I'm not sure. I know she wanted kids, but I know that she wouldn't want one with Tristan. No offense.

                                     Bentley laughs as they walk down the hospital hallway.

Bentley: None taken. The dude is an asshole.

Harley: I think she will keep it, but Tristan won't be apart of it.

Bentley: Well, it's a big decision.

Harley: I hope Ash sticks around. I like the way he looks at Peyton. He seems smitten.

                                       Bentley smiles to himself

Bentley: He's a good guy

                                      Bentley looks down at Harley and smirks

Bentley: We have some time to kill......wanna have some fun?

                                     He winks and squeezes Harley's hand. His eyes dance with mischief and Harley bites her lip.

Harley: Okay....