Chapter 43

*Joey*

             It's 5 AM, I've gotten one arm and one leg free. Currently working on the other two. Amanda has been in and out a bunch to keep the suspicion low.

                                                                       6:50 AM

Nurse Amanda: Alright, the police have gone down the stairs and the nurses desk is empty. Let's get you out of here.

                  Slipping on some clothes, Amanda peers out the door for me.

Nurse Amanda: Come on. Coast is clear.

                   I make my way out, keeping the scalpel in my pocket. I hurry to the stairwell.

Joey: I'll see you later baby.

                    Winking, I blow her a kiss. God she's easy. She said that once the guards get there, she is going to come in and pretend to check my vitals.To give me some more time. I see room 424. Right across from it is a Janitorial closet. Perfect.

                                                                                                  *Harley*

                                                                     11 AM

                   I drive up to the hospital and park. Walking in, I detour to the gift shop. I find the cutest little grey baby blanket, and buy it for Peyton. Getting in the elevator I head up to room 424.

                                                                          Knock Knock

Peyton: Come in.

Harley: Hey! You look better!

Peyton: I am. Much better.

                      Walking in, I hand her the gift bag, and when she opens it, she snuggles the minky baby blanket.

Peyton: Thank you Harley.

Harley: It was nothing. Wait til to see the crib we bought.

                       Peyton smiles and rolls her eyes.

Peyton: I told you not to go overboard.

Harley: Let me just show you, please?

Peyton: Alright.....okay....

                        I bring over my phone and show her the picture.

Harley: Isn't it beautiful?!

Peyton: I adore it! So pretty!!

                                         Smiling, we hug.