Chapter 2

"Okay so we're meeting up with Jake and Angel at the third block opposite that white, shutdown supermarket, right?" Emma asked after some minutes of comfortable silence. 

Andrews face turned into a slight frown at the mention of the one name he couldn't tolerate. 

Emma noticed it and let out a sigh as she nudged him in the arm, trying to coax him into suddenly liking the person.

"Why do you hate him so much? He's not that bad.." Emma said in a reassuring way, but still failing to lighten Andrew's now gloomy mood. 

"Of course you won't think he's that bad cause you're practically in love with him." Andrew said as he shoved his free hand into his pocket before letting out an annoyed huff. Emma's face began to heat up as she fiddled with the amulet round her neck.

"We're not really going out, it's not yet official." Emma said as though trying to reassure herself. 

"Are you sure? 'cause you sounds as though you're asking me. Anywho... I'm sure you guys aren't really going out, your cheeks are just allergic to him, that's why they always go red every time you're near him." Andrew said, the obvious sarcasm leaking in his voice as he rolled his eyes in annoyance. 

"I mean he's so creepy. He's so indecisive, if he's going to ask you out he should just get over with it so I can finally beat him up. "

"Andrew, first, 'anywho' isn't a word and you practically drive away any guy that says hi to me. Even if he's indecisive, aren't you meant to help him be a better person? Isn't that what you're always saying, that we shouldn't judge others?" Emma replied as she began walking backwards in order to face him.

Andrew sighed. He knew all those things, he knew not to judge and always have a positive mindset about people, but he felt as though Jake was a quite fair exception to that rule... along with so many other guys of course.

Remove the plank in your eye before you remove the speck in another's. The words flashed through his mind and he let out a groan before looking back at Emma who was now squinting at him.

"I'm just trying to protect my baby sister." He said, pinching both of Emma's cheeks. 

"We're practically twins, you're only older than me with like two weeks" Emma rolled her eyes, smacking his hand away.

Andrew shook his head and a smug grin made its way on his face. "I took in oxygen before you were even born, thus, making me older." Andrew shoot back, side stepping her and continued walking, leaving in a once more annoyed Emma.

She reached down and picked up a pebble before throwing it at him and missing him by a mile. As though sensing her actions, he turned around and stuck his tongue out at her, causing her to scowl at him before jogging over to meet his pace.

"At least I'm not complaining that you're dating my best friend" Emma said in a singsong voice. Andrew put on a fake look of confusion 

"Ewww. I'm not dating Jake." He said in a feminine voice as he pinched the tip of his nose.

Emma rolled her eyes before responding. 

"Not Jake dummy, Angel!" It was Andrew's turn to smile sheepishly as a blush slowly crept up his face. 

"We are'nt dating." He said cautiously, only increasing the grin on Emma's face. 

 "You know, Andrew, You were really good at faking.... Where did all your skill disappear to?" Emma said looking up to the sky as though the answer was up there. 

"Shut up" He responded, not really knowing what to say to defend himself.

"So it is true...." Emma said, her sing song voice coming back and the smirk on her face never leaving. 

"I never said that." Andrew said as the blush that had subsequently washed away began to creep back up. 

"Okay, I guess that you and Angel are just friends, just like I and Jake..." She said as a mysterious smirk spread on her face.

There was a long pause before Andrew's eyes widened as he processed what she just said. He stopped dead in his tracks turning to look at her with the same wide eyes. 

"YOU'RE ACTUALLY DATING HIM!!" He burst out, as though someone had stepped on his toes.

Emma burst into a fit of laughter causing some tears to run down her cheek. "I'm not, but you just indirectly admitted that you are going out with her." Andrew's face twisted in confusion before realizing what he had unconsciously admitted. 

"Hahaha. I'm sure you feel so smart." He said, getting annoyed by her taunting laughter. She laughed harder but managed to control it enough for it to turn into a giggle.

"But on a serious note, why didn't you tell me?" Emma said, a grin still playing on her lips. There was a long pause before she used her fist to punch his arm, getting tired of waiting for his response. 

He sighed as a look of guilt began to spread through his face. He used his free hand and scratched the back of his neck. "I was going to tell you...." He trailed of, trying to think of a reasonable excuse.

Emma rolled her eyes at his sudden stupidity. "Yeah, I'm sure you were.........After you guys had planned on getting married." She said flatly. Andrew groaned as he looked up to the sky hoping it would tell him what to do.

"How would you like it if I started going out with your best friend and didn't tell you?" Andrew's face turned from guilt, to a shy grin. 

"But you are my best friend, so you're asking me how will I like it if you were going out with me but didn't tell me?" He said, trying and failing to lighten her mood.

"You can be cocky all you want but you know I mean Caleb." Andrew sighed, already embracing defeat. 

"I'd probably kill him..." He said, still attempting to change her mood and sighing in defeat as she just offered him a blank look.

"Fine, I'm sorry. I just didn't know how to tell you." Emma's face scrunched up in confusion. "You could have just been like: Hi Emma. Nice to see you this morning. I just wanted to inform you that I am madly in love with your best friend and I need your blessings to date her" She said, trying her best to imitate Andrew's slightly husky voice. Andrew rolled his eyes at her poor imitation.

"'Because I thought you'll be all like; What kind of person goes out with his sister's best friend!?! That's like soooo ewe!" Andrew said in a screechy voice as a poor attempt to imitate hers. 

Emma rolled her eyes. "You are truly a headless chicken" He grinned at her before draping his free hand over her shoulders and practically squeezing her to death. 

"You know you love me." Emma just rolled her eyes, a small smile ending up on her face.