Chapter 10

Emma walked towards the front door of her apartment, pulling out her keys from her bag and opening the door. She went in, dropping the keys on the shelf before pulling of her jacket and tying it round her waist. 

"Thank you Jesus" The program seemed to have lasted unusually long and Emma felt as though she was going to pass out any moment soon.

She stopped in mid step as she saw a letter on the floor in front of her door, walking back and picking it up, she glanced down at her watch, the time was 10:45pm and the letter was said to have been delivered some hours ago. She tore it open and froze as she began to read what it wrote.

Emmeline Davids,

You have been requested for at The Lorex Resting Home, by Catharine Warters at the ending of next month. Please make sure you come or else cautions may have to be taken for your sake and hers. - Admin. T.L.R.H.

The powerful punch a short letter could deliver never ceased to amaze her. She read the letter over and over again hoping, no, praying, that it would magically change. 

You can't run away from you demons forever. 

She let out a sigh knowing that there was nothing she could do about it.

She continued her walk to her room, removing her shoes on the way and changing into a huge light red sweater and white cotton shorts. She loosened her hair from the braid and walked back to the living room, the same brown blanket draped round her body.

Emma sat on the couch and checked the time. 12:15am, she knew she was meant to be sleeping cause she had to wake up early tomorrow and prepare for the service, but the letter had succeeded to drain out any form of sleep left in her causing her to scroll through the channels, trying to find something to take her mind off it. 

When she finally got comfortable,

There was a loud crash.

She paused, listening carefully, not hearing anything more; she focused back on the T.V. Some minutes passed before a loud groan was heard causing Emma to jerk up.

She switched on her torch light and clutched on it as though her life depended on it, and walked slowly towards the door. 

God protect me.

She slowly opened the door before fully stepping out. 

"Is anyone out here." She said shining her torchlight frantically around. She was meet with silence, suddenly, she caught a glimpse of a familiar looking bike parked near the sharp metal bar.

She took a deep breath before slowly walking towards it, contemplating on how a normal evening had turned to some kind of horror movie. She squinted, letting out a gasp as her eyes hit the almost still body on the ground.

Cole.

Emma crouched beside him and attempted to slowly turn him on his back, gasping once more at the sight that met her.

His knuckles were coated with slightly dry blood, his plain white shirt looked as though it had been through a spray bath of red paint as drips of blood rolled down his forehead, dampening the already bruised spots on his skin.

She began to pick him up, praying for strength to lift his gigantic build and slowly draping his right hand round her shoulder, causing him to flinch.

She looked down, noticing that there was a long deep cut, ranging from his shoulder and down to his knuckle, inwardly groaning, knowing that lifting him up would be way much more difficult. God, Give me strength