Chapter 48

"Are you sure you don't want one?" Andrew said wiggling the candy floss in front of Cole and causing him to laugh and shake his head as they headed back to Angel and Emma who were poorly attempting to ring a set of arranged bottles

"It starts with one, then two, then three, then obsession, then diabetes, so.... no, thank you," Cole said, putting his fingers up in peace signs. Andrew rolled his eyes and shook his head, only causing Cole to laugh more.

They finally reached Emma and Angel who had given up on the ring toss.

"This game is a huge scam," Angel said gesturing at the stand and shaking his head.

"No wonder there are so many toys on display, 'cause no one ever wins." Emma agreed sighing and shaking her head in frustration.

"There's nothing wrong with the game, it's your hand-eye coordination that is terrible," Cole said still laughing. Angel and Emma glared at him, not finding it funny at all, only causing Cole to laugh harder and Andrew to join him.

"It's not like you can get even up to three in a row," Emma said raising an eyebrow at him in a challenging manner and causing Cole's laughter to be replaced by a sly smirk

"I bet you both, that I can get ten lops in straight," Cole said smugly. Emma and Angel looked at each other and back at him with pure confusion

"You're joking right?" Emma asked, looking at Cole as though he said he could fly. Cole's smirk widened and he cracked his knuckles smiling at her mysteriously.

"You know, normal guys just try to win presents for the girls, but noooo." Angel said, shaking her head.

"Whoever said he was normal?' Andrew said chuckling and causing Cole to stick his tongue out at him, before handing the person at the stand some quarters and collecting the rings.

Cole turned back and winked at them before tossing a ring perfectly and causing it to loop on the bottle.

"That's one!" He said, beaming at the three who were watching him curiously. He skillfully tossed eight more and they all looped in, accurately.

"You Cocky cockroach," Angel said glaring at him only causing him to laugh.

"Come on Angel, where's the faith? He still has one more to go." Emma said tickling her bestfriend's side in an infertile attempt to encourage her.

Cole threw them one last smirk before turning to face the bottle and suddenly feeling a shift.

He could feel the atmosphere change and it wasn't the change he felt when someone was praying, it was different, it was unnerving.

He took in a deep breath and tried to brush it away but the glass bottles all seemed to be fading out of existence, he felt his heartbeat hammer against his throat and stumbled backward.

Andrew quickly gripped his shoulders, holding him steady against the unknown force pulling him back.

"What happened?" Cole nodded in response, not even aware of the question being asked, all his thoughts clouded out and either the world was spinning around him, his eyes were rolling off his head, or he was spinning around, causing him to stumble backward into Andrew again.

"Cole, are you alright?" The unidentifiable voice sounded like an echoed whisper to him and Cole shut his eyes trying to get a hold of his foggy thoughts only to later quickly open it at the unsettling darkness that met him.

His breath became shaky as every intake of air seemed to choke him more, causing his surrounding to slowly fade away.

He couldn't figure out what was happening, he didn't even have the strength to try and decipher it in the first place.

All he knew and could feel, was the smell of the smoky cloud of dust that filled the air as his knees hit the ground and everything finally turned into complete darkness.