Chapter 4

Cole walked towards his black bike. His head hurt and the voice of his so called friends, were just adding to his throbbing headache. 

One more word and I'm punching someone. 

"The guy with green eyes is really cute though, Jake..." He heard Rose say in deep thought as she loudly chewed on her bubble gum.

Cole's fist tightened at each sound she made with her mouth. 

"I think he's with Emma though." Derrick said a sly grin forming on his face. 

"Whatever" Rose replied, rolling her eyes and disregarding him as her chewing seemed to increase.

Cole's fist tightened more if possible as the sound became louder, his teeth gritting against each other as he fought to restrain his anger. 

"But Emma was just so feisty today, I wonder how she is in-."

"Could you guys shut up." He said, finally snapping and cutting off Derrick, his deep voice getting even deeper as he swiftly turned to face the two startled people. 

"One more word and I swear...." He said trailing of and allowing them to guess what he'll do to them.

"Well, Sorry" Rose said blowing a bubble before loudly popping. "Spit it out." Cole said, a murderous glare evident in his now deathly black eyes. "B- But I d- don't h- have a- any p- paper." Rose stammered, all the previous sassiness now vanished. "Then swallow it." He growled. She didn't even think twice before taking a gulp and wincing as she felt it glide down her throat.

There was instant silence as they continued their walk before Derrick broke it. "So are we going to class today or what?" Cole thought for a minute before answering. 

"Both of you are going. I'm not." He said flatly, not even bothering to turn back and look at them. Rose began to protest but was immediately shut down by her brother who was giving her a warning look.

They walked in silence for some minutes before Cole's face twisted in annoyance. "Go" He said, turning his head slightly to give the two people a side glance. Rose and Derrick looked at each other in confusion before realizing he was referring to them, and walked away.

Cole sighed, shaking his head at their stupidity. He was getting sick and tired of those two morons and he constantly had to remind himself why he kept them. But right now, that was his least concern.

His head still hammered with anger and he didn't even know why he was angry in the first place. 

He began to walk over to his black Ecosse Founder's Edition Ti XX Motorbike. He pulled out a spray sanitizer from his bag that was hanging loosely on the bike, before spraying it and using a napkin from his pocket to wipe it. 

He hopped on the bike, pulled his red and black helmet on, and started the engine.

Cole tried focusing on the sound of the wind so it could cool him down, but it only increased his anger. He began to go faster ignoring the sounds around him. His grip tightened on the wheel. His head was screaming with thoughts that he couldn't read. He was angry and he didn't know why. And the fact that he didn't know why just angered him more.

He suddenly cut through the road and entered an area that was filed with thick, long trees, before moving towards the hill that stood at the far edge. The hill wasn't very tall but it was quite wide. Flowers with various colors surrounded it and the plateau was coated with fresh, green grass. By the side, were cemented stairs leading to the top.

At the top stood a patterned red and white beach chair with a small stool beside it. Cole parked his bike by the nearest tree, before getting down and strapping his bag on one arm. He went up the staircase, flopping on the chair and removing a pair of shades from his bag, putting them on and placing his bag on the stool.

He leaned back and closed his eyes, breathing slowly. He felt his shoulders relax as some of the tension seemed to fade away, causing his eyes to slowly drift close as he fell asleep.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hours seemed to pass before his eyes slowly opened and squinted in confusion at his surroundings. He looked around and saw himself in a dark room, there was a sudden flash of light and the whole scene changed.

He was behind a kitchen counter, a gun in his hands and facing two people standing against a fairly old wall. One was a woman. She had dark blonde hair and deep brown eyes that were blood shot, tears rolled down her cheeks and her hand was gently placed on her huge baby bump.

She stood behind the man with pitch black hair and deep grey eyes that were filled with unmistakable hate and pure disgust.

Cole felt his hand begin to move upwards, pointing at them. He saw the woman's lips quivering and saying something but he couldn't hear anything she said. It was the man's voice he could here loud and clear. 

"You want to shot me. DO IT!! You're still just a stupid, scared, little cowardly boy. No amount of people you help will ever change that. You don't deserve to be happy after everything that has happened. Every single thing is your fault."

Those were the last words Cole said before he pulled the trigger.

The whole place went silent as the man fell. The woman that was beside him got to her knee's her face swollen up as a flood of tears fell from her eyes. Cole couldn't feel anything, he didn't feel pain or relief or fear. He just stood there and looked down at the man's helpless body.

The woman suddenly appeared before him, taking the gun from his hands. She took some steps back, reaching her original position and looking back at him.

Cole saw the woman's lips moving and this time he could hear clearly what she said. "What have you done? Look what you did!"

She slowly raised the gun to her head and pulled the trigger.

Cole's whole body froze as he watched her slowly fall, all the emotions that he hadn't felt flooding over him. He ran to her side and held her pale body against his own.

He watched as the life slowly left her eyes with her last breath and let out an anguish filled groan before his head fell on her shoulders and he wept.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Cole's eyes abruptly flew open as he got up swiftly from his chair and looked around. His breath shaking as his heart hammered faster in his chest. He let out a sigh, realizing he was still on the hill and it was a dream. He racked his hand through his thick, dirty blonde hair, his head panging once more as those words still ringed through his head. It's your fault.