Chapter 26

Cole chuckled at one of the characters comment's as he watched the movie. He waited, expecting to hear the sound of Emma's giggle that he seemed to have gotten addicted with, but was met with nothing.

He was about to turn and check what was wrong but then froze. He froze as soon as he felt both her arms wrapped around one of his and her head resting on his shoulder.

He finally thawed out and had to force himself not to turn and look at her because he knew that if he did, he would do something that he may or may not regret. His whole body buzzed in awareness of the fact that she was practically snuggled against him.

He tilted his head backward and closed his eyes letting out a sigh. It's not worth it... Well, it is, but just not right now. A small smile played on his lips at the thought. 

Just not right now... But soon.

The movie went on for some minutes and Cole tried his best to put all his focus on the images in front of him. He heard a soft snore and his eyes furrowed in confusion before he finally convinced himself to turn.

He let out a chuckle as he was met by a sleeping Emma and looked up at the clock that was positioned near the stairs and let out another sigh as he realized it was getting late. Some things can't last forever.

"Emma" He whispered. 

Imagine I'm trying to wake her up and I'm whispering

He mentally face palmed himself and smiled down at her. 

"Emma." He said a little bit louder and shaking her She slowly, dozily began to open her eyes before they almost immediately fell back down and she just snuggled closer to him.

Cole chuckled at her reaction and was tempted to just leave her there, next to him. He mentally battled with the thought before sighing. 

 "Emma." This time he was answered with a hum and a smile formed on his face as he looked down at her.

"It's getting late I have to get you home." He said as he gently tucked a stray strand of hair that was dancing in the middle of her face, behind her ear. 

"No thank you. I already have Tony Stark's number." She mumbled, causing Cole to stifle a laugh, deciding he wasn't going to wake her up after all.

"Is that so?" He said answering her comment. She just hummed and snuggled more into him. Cole sighed, battling on whether or not to take her home, he wanted her to stay, but he also didn't want her to feel creeped out when she woke up in a foreign room.

He slowly started removing his arm from her grip, causing her to wrap her arms round his torso and drawing a grin from him as he slid his arm round her back. His other arm that wasn't round her, he placed it under her legs before lifting her up with him.

He let out a sigh of satisfaction as he felt her snuggle closer into his chest and keep her arms wrapped around him.

He walked towards the T.V and switched it off before going towards the door and grabbing his car keys and her bag. He used his leg to push open the door and began walking up to the car.

Emma shifted and Cole stilled hoping he hadn't woken her up. She mumbled more stuff before snaking her hands round his neck. He let out another sigh of relief and smiled down at her, still convincing himself against just leaving her in his arms.

He finally reached the car and opened the back seat as he carefully laid her down. He watched her with a smile on his face, as she subconsciously felt around the place as though looking for a body before curling herself into a ball.

Cole turned and walked back towards the house, he went in and carried the white blanket before locking the door as he stepped out. He walked back to the car and gently placed the blanket over her small frame, quickly turning back to go into the driver's seat before he could have any second thoughts about taking her back in.

He let out a sigh as he placed his head on the steering wheel, his mind buzzing with thoughts.

He had just carried Emma Davids out of his house and into his car and he is about to take her home, and that blew his mind. The fact that she was even in his house in the first place still surprise him, talk less that he had actually carried her out of it.

What even blew his mind more, was that she even agreed to come, no, that she even talked to him. His whole body hummed with excitement, wonder, and confusion. He took a deep breath and tried to control his now pounding heart. His lips formed into another huge smile and he couldn't help but chuckle at the thought. Do I even have a heart to control?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Minutes passed and he was finally in front of her house. Cole went out the door and walked over to the back seat, opening the car door and just standing there, looking at her.

Her hair was sprawled across the seat with some covering her face and her lips were slightly parted as she let out small snores.

Exactly the same.

She looked exactly the same as the time he had seen her sleeping on her couch, but there was a huge difference, this time it wasn't her couch she was on, it was something of his and he didn't know why, but that thought seemed to make his already huge smile widen if possible.

He carried her the same bridal style as he had before, and started walking towards her door, her side bag around his shoulder and the keys to her house in-between his fingers.

Her head had rested on his chest and he took in a sharp breath as he felt her fingers grip the soft cloth of his shirt, pulling herself closer to him once more. He reached the doorstep and managed to unlock it and push it open.

Cole walked towards Emma's room and pushed the door open using his usual method, approaching her bed and gently lay her on it, the white blanket still round her. He watched as she searched once more for his body beside her before settling for the pillow and wrapping her arms round it.

Cole squatted, making his face leveled with hers as he brushed a strand of hair from her forehead before leaning in and giving it a small peck.

He didn't detach his lips from her forehead as he breathed in her scent and finally leaned back, watching her, a warm smile now on his lips. 

"Goodnight Twix." He whispered as he gently stroked her cheek.

He heard her mumble something that only increased the smile on his face. 

"Goodnight Gris"