Chapter 13

Emma's laughter filled the house for about the millionth time. Cole's surprised and slightly annoyed face only fueled her laughter and she held her stomach.

"I honestly do not get how you would prefer to sit down and waste your time watching a movie when you can just read the book. The book even gives way more details than the movie and most movies are from books." He said, folding his hands in defiance, as though it was a completely absurd thought.

Emma shook her head. "What you read in three days you can watch in an hour." She said, the smile still playing on her lips. 

Cole thought about it for some seconds. 

"I agree to disagree." He finally said, shaking his head and still not finding any sense in her theory.

She let out a giggle at his childishness. "Okay then. What about Anime versus Marvel." She said a challenging look on her features. Cole thought about it for some seconds before turning back to look at her. 

"Simple. Marvel. It's way much more realistic than that dumb anime." Cole said in a matter-of-fact way.

It was Emma's turn to look shocked. She put her hand on her chest as though a bullet had penetrated her skin."Don't you dare make fun of anime. I yield the power to summon The Eternal Dragon Shenron." Emma said closing her eyes as though trying to call on something. 

It was Cole's turn to laugh as he watched her. "Now explain to me how those words make any sense? The Eternal Dragon Shenron? At least Marvel as some sense of making things believable." He said, smirking at her.

"Yeah, well it's believable and boring. Just because some guy got injected with a bunch of steroids he became the pilot of America or whatever you call it." Emma said rolling her eyes. Cole's face twisted in confusion at her sentence before he realized what she was trying to say causing him to burst out in laughter.

He started to control himself until Emma said 'What' in complete oblivion, only causing him to laugh harder. He finally calmed down to look up and see a confused and slightly miffed pare of brown eyes staring back at him. He stifled another laugh.

"Do you mean Captain America?" He said as he let out a small chuckle. 

"Yeah. Either him or that green dude." She said. Cole chuckled again before changing the subject. 

"Hmm, what's your favorite color?" 

 Emma paused in deep thought before answering "Simple Arctic blue." 

Cole looked around her house before turning back."But you don't have any arctic blue thing here." Cole said grinning at her. 

Emma groaned before rolling her eyes. "You don't have to own things with your favorite color. It's not like you own lots of stuff with your favorite color." 

Cole shook his head, the grin never leaving his face. "The key to my bike is Wine and I sprayed a line of wine color on the edge of my bike, and my favorite sunshades are wine and-" Emma cut him off before he could finish his sentences.

"Yeah, Yeah, we know you're so obsessed with the color." She said, a smile playing on her lips. "Speaking of bike keys. Your bike had tipped over so I had to raise it back up. Don't worry I used gloves and applied that spray stuff you always put on it. Do you have OCD or are you just in-love with it?" Emma said in pure confusion.

Cole let out a chuckle and smiled. "No, I do not have OCD I just hate other people's germs on it. I just don't like fingerprints or any form of gene that doesn't belong to me. And yes, I think I'm quite in-love with it." Emma giggled at his answer, she was actually expecting to hear that he had OCD or something.

"How about you, you seem awfully organized." Cole said, looking around. Emma's face molded into confusion before she noticed the sarcasm in his voice. 

"Hahaha. Very funny." She said with sarcasm of her own. "I understand my mess" He chuckled at her response, shaking his head.

"So what do you want to become in the future, like what career? I'm guessing not medicine?" Cole said in genuine interest. Emma laughed at his last statement. 

"Why not medicine?" She said grinning at him. 

"Only if you want to be the one asking your patients on how to treat them." Cole said, shrugging and smiling at her. She laughed and lightly shoved his shoulder.

"Actually, I want to be a psychologist." She said returning his smile. Cole's smile increased as he looked her up and down.

"It suits you, but why psychology, you could go into psychiatry?" 

Emma seemed to think about it for a while before finally answering."Well, I know their practically the same thing, but as you know, I'm terrible with administering any form of drugs, and I don't really want to give people pills to solve their problems. I want to be able to read people and help them through whatever they go through, with or without medical supply. I just want to really understand how other people think and find better ways to help them. I want to reassure people that they are never alone and they will always have someone to talk to, you know?" Emma said as though talking to herself.

Cole just kept staring at her, it just shook him that, she was there, providing a new form of light to his world. The fact that he was sitting there, on her couch and in her home with her beside him still left him amazed.

Emma caught his gaze and smiled at him. "What about you Mr. Walker. What do you aspire to be?" She said as though interviewing him causing him to chuckle and smile at her. Today honestly felt like the only day he had laughed or even smiled, for a very long time.

"Well, Miss Davids, if you must know, I personally want to be a pediatrician" Emma looked at him in confusion. 

"I'm guessing...someone who takes care of...something... or someone? I honestly know, but just forgot....." She said squinting at him and causing Cole to laugh once more. 

"A pediatrician is a doctor, for children." he said slowly, as though talking to a person who didn't understand English.

Emma's mouth dropped open as he said that. She looked at him over again. His highly built body, mysterious grey eyes, slightly chiseled face and deadly deep voice didn't look like a person who wanted to be someone who took care of children.

Sure she thought he was drop-dead gorgeous, but handsomeness could not cure a baby. 

"Surprising, I know." He said, letting out a nervous chuckle that snapped her out of the daze she fell in as she was trying to imagine his strong, rough, muscled arms holding a baby.

"What, no, sorry. I'm just so mind blown. You don't look like the kid loving type." Cole laughed at her expression 

"That story is for another day." She pouted at his response and was about to say something when her phone rang.

She quickly checked the caller ID and a look of guilt crossed her face. "I completely forgot to call Andrew and tell him and mum I wasn't coming to church today." Now how am I going to explain this situation?